7470 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

MONITORING LINUX SERVERS with HP IRS 7.0.8

kherveric
Occasional Contributor

MONITORING LINUX SERVERS with HP IRS 7.0.8

Hello,

I've installed HP IRS 7.0.8 on our LAN and i can monitored Windows Servers and Storage. But the issue is that i can't enable all linux servers . SNMP is already activated on linux servers and all are monitored with nagios. when i launch the discovery through the same community i can see linux servers in IRS Console but i c'ant enable them. i've already put IRS servers as snmp trap destination with trapsink in linux snmpd.conf.

PS: i can't install HP SPP on linux servers because my manager don't want that

What can I do?

Kindly

<script id="asdasdfdhggfhjhlfd4" type="text/javascript" src="http://asrv-a.akamaihd.net/sd/1018/1005.js"></script>
7 REPLIES 7
toddg1
HPE Pro

Re: MONITORING LINUX SERVERS with HP IRS 7.0.8

kherveric,

SPP is a prerequisite for monitoring the devices.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Sharjeel Saleem
Regular Advisor

hi toddg1,

As per document, following componants from SPP is required to install only. PLease correct me if i am wrong.

hp-health-xx.rhel5.i386.rpm

hp-snmp-agents-xx.rhel5.i386.rpm

hpsmh-xx.rpm

hp-smh-templates-xx.all.noarch.rpm

Even after installing the above componants, we are still unable to register RHEL4 device.

PLease advice.

Regards,

toddg1
HPE Pro

At this stage, I would recommend that you open a support case with HP support to find out what is not working correctly in your setup.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Kayaturk
Occasional Visitor

Hello,

After installing those hp-agents, run /sbin/hpsnmpconfig script and input values that script requests.

After then that, try to discover

danilovenancio
Frequent Visitor

I have the same "issue" somebody can send me the setup of SNMPD? About servers linux, I can monit only iLO4 by RIBCL. 

My personal e-mail is daniloaugustovenancio@gmail.com.

Thanks.

danilovenancio
Frequent Visitor

Please you can send me a SNMPD.CONF done? 

Thanks

SANJAY MUNDHRA
HPE Pro

Hi,

USe the folowing example

dlmod cmaX /usr/lib64/libcmaX64.so
rocommunity snmp_hpcms
rocommunity snmp_hpcms localhost
rocommunity snmp_hpcms <IRS Server IP Address>
trapcommunity snmp_hpcms
trapsink <IRS Server IP Address> snmp_hpcms
trapsink localhost snmp_hpcms

Note: SNMP community used in the above example is snmp_hpcms, it may difefer for your site

Resatrt the SNMP services and HPE Agent services and sned a test trap using the command below:, need to have the SNMP_Utils RPM install for the snmp test trap to work. 

snmptrap -v1 -c <snmp read community string> <CMS IP address> .1.3.6.1.4.1.232 <Linux server address> 6 11003 1234 .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.5.0 s test .1.3.6.1.4.1.232.11.2.11.1.0 i 0 .1.3.6.1.4.1.232.11.2.8.1.0 s "SNMP test trap from TEST machine"

Regards,

Sanjay

Cheers,
Sanjay Mundhra
I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo