4198 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MONITORING LINUX SERVERS with HP IRS 7.0.8

kherveric
Occasional Contributor

MONITORING LINUX SERVERS with HP IRS 7.0.8

Hello,

I've installed HP IRS 7.0.8 on our LAN and i can monitored Windows Servers and Storage. But the issue is that i can't enable all linux servers . SNMP is already activated on linux servers and all are monitored with nagios. when i launch the discovery through the same community i can see linux servers in IRS Console but i c'ant enable them. i've already put IRS servers as snmp trap destination with trapsink in linux snmpd.conf.

PS: i can't install HP SPP on linux servers because my manager don't want that

What can I do?

Kindly

<script id="asdasdfdhggfhjhlfd4" type="text/javascript" src="http://asrv-a.akamaihd.net/sd/1018/1005.js"></script>
7 REPLIES 7
toddg1
HPE Pro

kherveric,

SPP is a prerequisite for monitoring the devices.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Sharjeel Saleem
Regular Advisor

hi toddg1,

As per document, following componants from SPP is required to install only. PLease correct me if i am wrong.

hp-health-xx.rhel5.i386.rpm

hp-snmp-agents-xx.rhel5.i386.rpm

hpsmh-xx.rpm

hp-smh-templates-xx.all.noarch.rpm

Even after installing the above componants, we are still unable to register RHEL4 device.

PLease advice.

Regards,

toddg1
HPE Pro

At this stage, I would recommend that you open a support case with HP support to find out what is not working correctly in your setup.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Kayaturk
Occasional Visitor

Hello,

After installing those hp-agents, run /sbin/hpsnmpconfig script and input values that script requests.

After then that, try to discover

danilovenancio
Frequent Visitor

I have the same "issue" somebody can send me the setup of SNMPD? About servers linux, I can monit only iLO4 by RIBCL. 

My personal e-mail is daniloaugustovenancio@gmail.com.

Thanks.

danilovenancio
Frequent Visitor

Please you can send me a SNMPD.CONF done? 

Thanks

SANJAY MUNDHRA
HPE Pro

Hi,

USe the folowing example

dlmod cmaX /usr/lib64/libcmaX64.so
rocommunity snmp_hpcms
rocommunity snmp_hpcms localhost
rocommunity snmp_hpcms <IRS Server IP Address>
trapcommunity snmp_hpcms
trapsink <IRS Server IP Address> snmp_hpcms
trapsink localhost snmp_hpcms

Note: SNMP community used in the above example is snmp_hpcms, it may difefer for your site

Resatrt the SNMP services and HPE Agent services and sned a test trap using the command below:, need to have the SNMP_Utils RPM install for the snmp test trap to work. 

snmptrap -v1 -c <snmp read community string> <CMS IP address> .1.3.6.1.4.1.232 <Linux server address> 6 11003 1234 .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.5.0 s test .1.3.6.1.4.1.232.11.2.11.1.0 i 0 .1.3.6.1.4.1.232.11.2.8.1.0 s "SNMP test trap from TEST machine"

Regards,

Sanjay

Cheers,
Sanjay Mundhra
I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo