1753962 Members
7376 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Monitoring Gen10 Servers

SANJAY MUNDHRA
HPE Pro

Monitoring Gen10 Servers

Understand Gen10 can be monitored only via agentless option i.e. via the ILO5. One of my customers intends to use IRS Software to use the VMware Vcenter to discover the Gen8/Gen9/Gen10 which are build using HPE ESXi OEM image. While there should be no issues for the Gen8/Gen9 servers, will this method also work for Gen10 Servers?

Cheers,
Sanjay Mundhra
I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

3 REPLIES 3
toddg1
HPE Pro

Hi!

I would not expect there to be issues with what you suggest - please let us know if you find something!

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
SANJAY MUNDHRA
HPE Pro

Hi!,

Thanks for the reply. So in this case the HPE AMS utility will provide the H/W alerts to IRS via the Vcentre? the ILO5 will not be connected. Not sure if there will be WBEM bundle for Gen10 Servers in the ESXi OEM image? Will be checking with IRS Support too on this.

Cheers,
Sanjay Mundhra
I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

toddg1
HPE Pro

OK, this is a little different than what I thought you were asking.  What I responded to was using a connected iLO 5 to I-RS to detect service events from the iLO.

Have you succesfully done what you propose on iLO 4 (Gen8/9) systems?  I don't think we have tested this setup - but if you have it working on the earlier iLO (4) - then I would think it will work with Gen10 - but still would like to hear the result of your testing.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo