Insight Remote Support
1753600 Members
6347 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion

Monitoring fails on Service Health tab in Remote Support Configuration and Services

DigiDoc TechAdmin
Occasional Advisor

Monitoring fails on Service Health tab in Remote Support Configuration and Services

HP Systems Insight Manager C.06.02.00.00
HP Insight Remote Support A.05.50

Hello all.

After installing HPSIM freshly on a new machine everything is working correctly:

- Our ESX servers are discovered correctly and Product/Serial is populated correctly.
- The Contract and Warranty information is retrieved correctly.
- The servers show up on the Service Health and Entitlement tab.
- The HP servers show green in the ENT column.

The only thing is the Monitoring and Collection columns on the Service Health remain red.
If I read the documentation apparently these are new features in the latest release.

If I hover over the red monitor icons it says Connection Success for ELMC and SNMP but Connection Failure for WBEM.
The discovery of the servers showed a successful WBEM login however.
I checked protocol settings at https://localhost:7906, they are correct.

My questions:

- What is the purpose of these extra indicators?
- How do i get WBEM to authenticate properly for these monitoring and collection indicators?

Any help appreciated,
Regards,
Hoyte Swager
1 REPLY 1
Guido_Spina

Re: Monitoring fails on Service Health tab in Remote Support Configuration and Services

Hello,

I just installed SIM 6.3 and IRSA 5.60.

Everything works fine. I discovered a couple of Linux RH 5.5, they shows their correct SN, PN, warranty. I execute a test trap from their SMH and it's delivered correctly in HP.

The only problem is that the monitoring field in the health tab is red and I don't know why. Beside I can't see these systems in AMC like it should be.

Any help would be really appreciated.