1752800 Members
6160 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Monthly Contract Warranty Query Returns 1/1/3000 End Date

MLeeper
Occasional Advisor

Monthly Contract Warranty Query Returns 1/1/3000 End Date

SIM 5.2 SP2 monthly Contract Warranty task is returning the following dates on some servers:

Start date - 1/1/2000 12:00 AM CST
End date - 1/1/3000 12:00 AM CST
Contract Status - Contract

The SIM DB reflects "Evergreen" as contract type.

Even though a 1000 year warranty contract sounds appealing, it's obviously wrong.

Most other servers return correct information.

Has anyone seen this problem?
19 REPLIES 19
Rancher
Honored Contributor

I am seeing this as well on a few of my servers, 3 different models.
JasonF
Advisor

I'm seeing this as well only I get "Evergreen" as both warranty type and Start/End date.

It would be great if someone from HP would respond with an explanation for this.
AdamJ
Frequent Advisor

We had the same problem which is fixed now. For some reason when we filled in both the Product number and Customer-Entered product number fields on the System Information page for the servers they returned the correct warranty information after we did another C&W collection.

Adam
JasonF
Advisor

Unfortunately that didn't work for us. I spent a bit of time on the phone with HP concerning this issue. It's looking like some type of database bug or something. the C&W status shows dates but if you look in the Entitlement areas they show Evergreen and the RSP notes say there is some type of mismatch between us and HP. I have a case opened with them for 2nd level assistance. I will post results here if I receive anything worthy of reposting.
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Our issue is a little different. In Insight, the C/W information is correct. The report is worng. When I run a report, the warranty end date shows as 1/1/3000 for 7 servers out of 167!
Ueffing
Advisor

hello,

did somebody found any new information or maybe a solution for this behaviour.

Thanks.
JasonF
Advisor

Currently our issue is caused by missing data on HP's side. When Contract or Warranty Entitlement information is missing from the RSP database it returns 'Evergreen' instead of a null or something obvious. I am still working with HP to get this cleaned up.
babecassis
Occasional Advisor

I'm having the same issue; however for me its happening to roughly 20 of 263 servers and also only in the reports. For me this is particularly annoying as this is really the reason I got SIM going in the first place.

Damn you, Murphy and your laws!
babecassis
Occasional Advisor

Have you had any luck resolving this?