1753903 Members
9316 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Monthly Contract Warranty Query Returns 1/1/3000 End Date

SRowe
Occasional Advisor

I am also seeing this issue. Insight is correct but the reports are showing 1/1/3000 as an end date. HP says they have this up with level 2 and programming.
Jason, I also have the evergreen issue. Who did you work with from HP to get that resolved? Sales rep?
JasonF
Advisor

I've also found this happens under certain circumstances where the serial and product ID don't match exactly what HP has in thier database. Most times it generates the usual "Not Found" type errors but some of them generate an "Evergreen" response that shows in the Entitlement section, even if the C&W information is correct.

I had to call in to the main tech support line and use the voice prompt of "Systems Insight Manager" to open a case. There is both a SIM support team and the ISEE/RSP support team.
JasonF
Advisor

Not sure if you all are still having issues with SIM 5.3 and 'Evergreen' entries but HP had to send me a patch to fix this issue. Entitlement checks sent in batches were returning 'Evergreen' for the dates but when done individually they would eventually return valid contract data. Applying this hotfix resolved the issue for me, however you may have to contact HP support to get it since they haven't released any new hotfix patches since then.
Markus L├╢ffler

Hello,

Is there a chance to get this Hotfix ? We have exactly the same issue but I dont want to go through the whole process explaining a issue thats already been fixed to HP Support
JasonF
Advisor

Not sure exactly what they tweaked in this patch, it's not official. I can't gaurantee it will work or it won't blow up SIM. Use at your own risk!!!
JasonF
Advisor

sorry, i suppose the path would be helpful..
drop the patch into your SIM 5.3 Patch folder found at %program files%\HP\Systems Insight Manager\patch
restart SIM.

To remove it, stop SIM and move/delete the file from this folder.
SRowe
Occasional Advisor

Thanks JasonF! It worked for me.

Scott
Sandman70
Occasional Contributor

I am also having the same problem. I have tried the hotfix and it did not make a difference. Does anyone else have any ideas to try?
stevenice

JasonF - thanks! The hotfix worked for me as well.

Sandman70, did you run the Monthly Contract and Warranty Collection task again after you applied the hotfix?
Sandman70
Occasional Contributor

It took about 24 hours, but eventually everything did come back under contract/warranty. :)