cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly Contract Warranty Query Returns 1/1/3000 End Date

MLeeper
Occasional Advisor

Monthly Contract Warranty Query Returns 1/1/3000 End Date

SIM 5.2 SP2 monthly Contract Warranty task is returning the following dates on some servers:

Start date - 1/1/2000 12:00 AM CST
End date - 1/1/3000 12:00 AM CST
Contract Status - Contract

The SIM DB reflects "Evergreen" as contract type.

Even though a 1000 year warranty contract sounds appealing, it's obviously wrong.

Most other servers return correct information.

Has anyone seen this problem?
19 REPLIES
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Re: Monthly Contract Warranty Query Returns 1/1/3000 End Date

I am seeing this as well on a few of my servers, 3 different models.
JasonF
Advisor

I'm seeing this as well only I get "Evergreen" as both warranty type and Start/End date.

It would be great if someone from HP would respond with an explanation for this.
AdamJ
Frequent Advisor

We had the same problem which is fixed now. For some reason when we filled in both the Product number and Customer-Entered product number fields on the System Information page for the servers they returned the correct warranty information after we did another C&W collection.

Adam
JasonF
Advisor

Unfortunately that didn't work for us. I spent a bit of time on the phone with HP concerning this issue. It's looking like some type of database bug or something. the C&W status shows dates but if you look in the Entitlement areas they show Evergreen and the RSP notes say there is some type of mismatch between us and HP. I have a case opened with them for 2nd level assistance. I will post results here if I receive anything worthy of reposting.
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Our issue is a little different. In Insight, the C/W information is correct. The report is worng. When I run a report, the warranty end date shows as 1/1/3000 for 7 servers out of 167!
Ueffing
Advisor

hello,

did somebody found any new information or maybe a solution for this behaviour.

Thanks.
JasonF
Advisor

Currently our issue is caused by missing data on HP's side. When Contract or Warranty Entitlement information is missing from the RSP database it returns 'Evergreen' instead of a null or something obvious. I am still working with HP to get this cleaned up.
babecassis
Occasional Advisor

I'm having the same issue; however for me its happening to roughly 20 of 263 servers and also only in the reports. For me this is particularly annoying as this is really the reason I got SIM going in the first place.

Damn you, Murphy and your laws!
babecassis
Occasional Advisor

Have you had any luck resolving this?
SRowe
Occasional Advisor

I am also seeing this issue. Insight is correct but the reports are showing 1/1/3000 as an end date. HP says they have this up with level 2 and programming.
Jason, I also have the evergreen issue. Who did you work with from HP to get that resolved? Sales rep?
JasonF
Advisor

I've also found this happens under certain circumstances where the serial and product ID don't match exactly what HP has in thier database. Most times it generates the usual "Not Found" type errors but some of them generate an "Evergreen" response that shows in the Entitlement section, even if the C&W information is correct.

I had to call in to the main tech support line and use the voice prompt of "Systems Insight Manager" to open a case. There is both a SIM support team and the ISEE/RSP support team.
JasonF
Advisor

Not sure if you all are still having issues with SIM 5.3 and 'Evergreen' entries but HP had to send me a patch to fix this issue. Entitlement checks sent in batches were returning 'Evergreen' for the dates but when done individually they would eventually return valid contract data. Applying this hotfix resolved the issue for me, however you may have to contact HP support to get it since they haven't released any new hotfix patches since then.
Markus Löffler
Occasional Visitor

Hello,

Is there a chance to get this Hotfix ? We have exactly the same issue but I dont want to go through the whole process explaining a issue thats already been fixed to HP Support
JasonF
Advisor

Not sure exactly what they tweaked in this patch, it's not official. I can't gaurantee it will work or it won't blow up SIM. Use at your own risk!!!
JasonF
Advisor

sorry, i suppose the path would be helpful..
drop the patch into your SIM 5.3 Patch folder found at %program files%\HP\Systems Insight Manager\patch
restart SIM.

To remove it, stop SIM and move/delete the file from this folder.
SRowe
Occasional Advisor

Thanks JasonF! It worked for me.

Scott
Sandman70
Occasional Contributor

I am also having the same problem. I have tried the hotfix and it did not make a difference. Does anyone else have any ideas to try?
stevenice
Occasional Visitor

JasonF - thanks! The hotfix worked for me as well.

Sandman70, did you run the Monthly Contract and Warranty Collection task again after you applied the hotfix?
Sandman70
Occasional Contributor

It took about 24 hours, but eventually everything did come back under contract/warranty. :)