108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Moving EVA phone home from ISEE to RSP

SOLVED
Go to solution
Matt Ronsman
Advisor

Moving EVA phone home from ISEE to RSP

I have installed Command View with WEBES and ISEE for years. Now ISEE is going bye bye and we need to start using RSP which is a whole different can of worms. I have not seen a good step by step guide to getting the EVA working with RSP from HP. Can anyone advise on how to upgrade to RSP for EVA phone home?

I have been able to get the EVA to show up in SIM. I get the fact you need to have serial numbers and product numbers for it to work. I assume you still need to go into WEBES and enter in the command view credentials for the management server? Do I need to add the management server into WEBES on the SIM server for the log reading to work right? How do I test phoning home and how do I see open and past cases in SIM? Where do I check for the entitlement event being verified? Many questions without many answers.

Aside from that do I need to configure the HPCC-ish collection settings for SANs in there?

Any advise anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx,
Matt Ronsman
16 REPLIES 16
Todd Allen_1
Advisor

Hi Matt,
I am currently working with HP to do the exact same thing. So far the one major task that needs to be done is install Command View 8.0 then upgrade to CV8.0.1 RSP can not pull any info in to SIM without CV8.
So far that is all I have gotten. I will post more when I finalize my configuration.

Todd.
Todd Allen_1
Advisor

Hi Matt,
I just found out one major issue in having your EVA's report to HP.
your command view server MUST be have a valid warranty or contract to send any data to HP. That is what's stoping me.
Here is what is needed on your SMS(Command View)Server
Command View 8.0.1
ELMC(wccproxy)
Valid warranty/contract.

on your SIM/RSP server
all the componets for SIM/RSP
Webes configured to see your command view server and valid email
ELMC(wccproxy)
and current System Management Home page.

I hope this helps you and others.
Matt Ronsman
Advisor

Thanks Todd. Someone from the ISEE team actually told me that phone home via SIM using RSP was not going to be ready until WEBES version 5.3. So I have been waiting for that version to come out. Something to do with the proxy. That is the part that I don't get. How do you load whatever is necessary on the Command View server for WEBES to see the logs remotely without actually loading WEBES on the management server.

Thanks for the input!!

Thanx,
Matt
ITRC Test-CH
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

To monitor EVAs using HP-SIM/RSP the following items must be present on the CV server:
- CommandView EVA V6.01 or newer
- SMI-S EVA
- SMI-S CIMOM
- ELMC-WCCproxy, which has to be taken from the CMS, downloaded with RSSM.
WEBES and OSEM on the CMS are now being fed by RSP.

Hello all.
Who knows the needed FW-Ports for the Remote Support Pack (RSP)? Which outgoing ports have to be open for the communication with HP?
Thanks for any response

Remo
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

So, must the CV EVA server have walid warranty or not to get RSP working ??
RSP/ISEE/OSEM/WEBES is installed to SIM server (not CV)
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Matt Ronsman
Advisor

Just a quick update on this. SIM 5.3 will be coming out on 1/26/09. WEBES 5.4 has already been released. Command View 8.1 will also be out in this same timeframe. With the combined power of these three tools I am optimistic this will finally work prior to the June ISEE EOL. I will try to post once I have it running in my lab. Thanks to those who responded thus far.

Thanx,
Matt
john_347
Regular Advisor

Hi all,

I'm in the process of getting this setup, But its a nightmare... Why go from 2 fairly simple programs to install to what we have to do with Insight manager ?? What bright spark came up with that idea ??. I only want to manage the kit we have contracts with with HP, but the damn thing keeps on adding all the rest, which are on a different contract.. I've unchecked the "Enable systems for Remote Support Services upon discovery." So if anybody has any ideas ??

good luck to the rest of you

Olivier Masse
Honored Contributor

I'm currently migrating one of our 6 EVAs to RSP and, up to now, it seems to work as expected.

It has not been easy. There is a lot of documentation to read, it is not fluidly written, and there are very few screenshots and examples.

If I can be of any help, I'll monitor this thread and chip it if I can.

I made it a matter of principle to do it without HP Services, to be able to troubleshoot and maintain this properly. Experience has shown me that the monitoring tools eventually break if left unattended. With RSP there's a bunch of software here, increasing the likelyhood that it happens. Cases in point: A bunch of E2E errors many of us had to cope with, and the one that really made me independentely-minded was the built-in timebomb that deactivated WEBES after a year (we never got the reminder e-mails).

Good luck