108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Moving EVA phone home from ISEE to RSP

SOLVED
Go to solution
Olivier Masse
Honored Contributor

While I'm at it, if WEBES 5.4 doesn't see a "CommandView Server" as it should, look at document #mmr_na-0229085 in the ITRC KB. A support document has been posted concerning this. The resolution is not really clear, however. Basically, you have to create a new Managed Protocol named "CommandView". In it, input your authentication information for CV. Then, delete your server from the managed entities. Stop and restart the desta service (net stop desta_service; net start desta_service). You'll then notice that the server will reappear in the managed systems list, still as a Proliant, but in its detais you'll see the ELMC is now using your CommandView Protocol.
Matt Ronsman
Advisor

FYI there is also a new option that I see is now available called Insight RS. This supposedly is a scaled down version for smaller businesses with less than 100 devices. One of my counterparts was able to successfully configure this Insight RS to do phone home for an EVA en lieu of ISEE and without installing the full blown SIM. It seems to me if you want to stick with the status quo of just having the Command View server do its own phone home this may be the way to go. It was not at all very well documented and when he called HP to help the guy on the phone had never done it but between the two of them they figured it out.

Still haven't gotten the time to get the full blown SIM 5.3 up in my lab but I have time blocked to do it in the coming weeks.

Thanx,
Matt
Matt Ronsman
Advisor

Thank you Oliver for the bit of info on the WEBES 5.4. I did an in place upgrade to 5.4 the other day and it seemed to work ok. It saw the management server as ELMC for whatever reason.

I cannot find that KB article that you mentioned on ITRC. Mind posting the actual link?

Thanx,
Matt
Olivier Masse
Honored Contributor
Solution

Here is the link
http://www13.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en&docId=mmr_na-0229085-4

It's been posted just yesterday, for once it was good timing for me. :)
Matt Ronsman
Advisor

Thanks a bunch! I have no idea why that is not coming back when I go to search for it.

Thanx,
Matt
Hope Khoza

hi everyone,

my colleague and myself tried to migrate from ISEE to RSP and it did not turn out well so we installed RSP from scratch.

at this point i am experiencing problems with the ELMC install which is needed on the EVA RSP.

i get an error that the ELMC package is not compatible with the processor on my unit, but there is no information on which processors are compatible.

please advise

thanks
Hope
Olivier Masse
Honored Contributor

i get an error that the ELMC package is not compatible with the processor on my unit, but there is no information on which processors are compatible.

1. Confirm that you didn't try to install the Itanium version on a Proliant

2. The WEBES user guide states that it has been tested on systems using processors as old as the Pentium II. Unless you have a 486 or Pentium I (which I strongly doubt) you should be fine.