New Discussion юеВ

My IRS server stopped receiving snmp traps

SOLVED
Go to solution
ALHPE
Occasional Advisor

My IRS server stopped receiving snmp traps

Hello,

my IRS server has stopped to receive snmp traps from Linux servers and san switches.

Configuration: vmware virtual machine with Microsoft Windows server 2012 R2 Standard. IRS version 7.9.0.0075..

From a couple of months IRS is unable to receive snmp traps. Monitoring with wireshark snmp traps appear to be arriving to the server but not to IRS software . No firewall is active, internal or external, snmp services reinstalled, IRS software updated. All other protocols are working correctly, events from wbem or RIBCL are registered.

Anyone ha s ideas?

thanks in advance

Alfredo

4 REPLIES 4
toddg1
HPE Pro

Re: My IRS server stopped receiving snmp traps

Hi Alfredo,

Have you made certain that both Insight RS services are running?   (in the Services control panel)

• HPE Insight Remote Support
  • HPE Insight Remote Support Event Receiver 

Have you made sure that the Windows SNMP Trap receiver (Insight RS relies on that) is running - this is part of the operating system that you had to enable when you first installed Insight RS (or it wouldn't let you install).

• SNMP Trap

If WBEM/WMI and other protocols are working as expected, I would start by looking at the Windows SNMP trap services.

If all of these are running, then I think your next best step is to engage with HPE Support to get help resolving this.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
ALHPE
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

I already tried your good suggestions, but no way. You are right when you say the last chance is open a case.

I'll o it soon

thanks

Regards

ALHPE
Occasional Advisor
Solution

hello,

just for info. I found the solution. there was a java.exe process allocating port 162. killed it and all is functioning. I'll do a little bit bit of investigation to understand what is starting this process.

regards

Alfredo

toddg1
HPE Pro

Great news, Alfredo!

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo