1752565 Members
5578 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Network Exception Error (1)

LE11
Advisor

Network Exception Error (1)

I have just installed ISEE on one of our PA_RISC HP-UX 11.00 client. After opening ISEE Client UI and inputing required informations, it doesn't continue with the entitlement stage anymore. And then, client UI failed to load "Your Computer" information and initial new content. The server field is set to nothing.. only white space.

I believe that I checked all the requirements before installation - patches. I have also installed Java RTE 1.4.2.12. The proxy informations I entered are correct. And it does not use any authentication.

I set the LOG_LEVEL in the motprefs to 5. And when I tried to reopen client UI. I notice this error on mad.log...

310707 14:18:18.537 ERROR,[Synchronize] mmsg.cpp:34 NetworkException (1): socket.cpp:374 (
232) Connection reset by peer Socket::read(): recv() failed [[10.0.27.65]]

310707 14:18:18.538 ERROR,[Synchronize] install failed for server: auth_key: guest
310707 14:18:18.538 ERROR,[Synchronize] NetworkException (1): socket.cpp:374 (232) Connect
ion reset by peer Socket::read(): recv() failed [[10.0.27.65]]

310707 14:18:18.539 ERROR,[Synchronize] NetworkException (1): socket.cpp:374 (232) Connect
ion reset by peer Socket::read(): recv() failed [[10.0.27.65]]

I was wondering if there is a problem with the proxy server? Other HP-UX ISEE clients here works fine with the same proxy server setting.
Please advise. Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Hi,

The problem is most likely with Java. Please take a look at JVM_LOC in /opt/hpservices/etc/motprefs.

It may be pointing to a wrong path.
If you have to make the change, you will need to stop/start hpservices.

Hope this helps,
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Also, we need to know which one is 10.0.27.65?
You may want to upload motprefs and mad.log, that would give us some indications of your problem.

Regards,
LE11
Advisor

Hi Liem,

About Java, this server only has Java1.3 before so I installed Java1.4 just recently.. but only JRE/RTE. Does it have to be the whole JDK/SDK? Anyway, I have checked that JVM_LOC from /opt/hpservices/etc/motprefs correctly points to /opt/hpservices/jre/opt/java1.4/jre/bin/java.

I'm sorry I know that it is better for me to upload the files here but I prefer not to. Anyway, that IP is just an example.. it represents the proxy's IP. Here are also some noticeable error from mad.log..

INFO,[Comm] opening new connection to
DEBUG,[Comm] connecting to 10.0.27.65 (10.0.27.65)...
INFO,[Comm] connected to proxy server
STDOUT,[Comm] writing request headers: 225 bytes
STDOUT,[Comm] writing data: 862 bytes
INFO,[Comm] STATUS: 406 REASON Not Acceptable
STDOUT,[Comm] Socket::close()
ERROR,[Comm] mmsg.cpp:34 NetworkException (20): bad magic!

I have read about STATUS: 406 REASON Not Acceptable from internet searches and it says that "the requested document does not exist in a format that client can accept".. meaning my proxy server cannot accept the document!?

Actually, I already opened a case with response center about this problem but they just keep on telling me about checking the proxy server. But the proxy server is exactly the same proxy used by other systems with working ISEE. The only difference is that this server have lower Java version.. that is why I installed a new one.

I was thinking that maybe the guys in this forum have other ideas about this.

Thanks a lot Liem for your reply! Will try to wait for more...
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Hi,

For Java verification, you can run:
/opt/hpservices/jre/opt/java1.4/jre/bin/java -version

If the result looks good (path is valid and it shows Java 1.4.2.xx), then move on with Proxy:

INFO,[Comm] STATUS: 406 REASON Not Acceptable
STDOUT,[Comm] Socket::close()
ERROR,[Comm] mmsg.cpp:34 NetworkException (20): bad magic!

Bad Magic 20 is a comon error when your Proxy/Firewall or some Web Filtering (Websense, SurfLogic) applications that prevent the connection or refuse to allow certain type of packages.

What you are sending to HP is an "encrypted packages" and you will be receiving .zip file from HP, so make sure these are allowed.

With Web Filtering apps and some Firewall apps, you may need to specify a specific IP address (or a group of IPs) for outbound communication, your working Servers might already been setup like that.

Hope this helps,
LE11
Advisor

Hi Liem,

I got this error while trying to verify Java.
And a core file was created.

/usr/lib/dld.sl : Unresolved symbol : dlsym (code) from /opt/hpservices/jre/opt/java1.4/jre/lib/PA_RISC2.0/server/libjvm.sl
Abort (coredump)

What is wrong with Java then? Please help.
Thanks a lot!
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Hi,

The error indicates /opt/hpservices/jre/opt/java1.4/jre/bin/java is corrupted.

What you need to do is to find where you had Java 1.4.2.xx installed, i.e. /opt/java1.4/jre/bin/java, then you modify motprefs with the new path, i.e.:
JVM_LOC=/opt/java1.4/jre/bin/java

Stop/start hpservices and logon to the GUI to verify if this works, it should.

Regards,
LE11
Advisor

Hi again Liem,

Executing the command below also results to the same error, however it did not generate core file.

#opt/java1.4/jre/bin/java -version
/usr/lib/dld.sl : Unresolved symbol : dlsym (code) from /opt/hpservices/jre/opt/java1.4/jre/lib/PA_RISC2.0/server/libjvm.sl
Abort

The directory /opt/java1.4/ is on the system. But when i tried to find java using the command whereis and which, these are the results.

#whereis java
java: /opt/java1.3/bin/java /opt/java1.4/man/man1/java.1

#which java
no java in /usr/bin /opt/ansic/bin /usr/ccs/bin /usr/contrib/bin /opt/nettladm/bin /opt/fc/bin /opt/fcms/bin /opt/upgrade/bin /opt/atok/bin /usr/bin/X11 /usr/contrib/bin/X11 /opt/pd/bin /opt/egb/bin /opt/hparray/bin bin /opt/resmon/bin /opt/aCC/bin /opt/langtools/bin /opt/perf/bin /opt/imake/bin /opt/vje/bin /opt/ignite/bin /opt/OV/bin/OpC /opt/OV/bin /usr/sbin/diag/contrib /usr/local/cscore/ /usr/local/caps/ /usr/local/etc/ .

I have a previous version of Java (Java1.3) also installed in the system. But I know that this don't work with ISEE so I installed the newest version which our system can support, that is Java 1.4.2.12. I understand that there is also no need for me to reinstall previous version of Java since it's version is 1.3 and not 1.4. And I'm sure that I was able to do a checksum on the downloaded file too. So, I think I have prepared well and was able to install it properly. There were also no errors logged during the installation. What I just failed to do is to verify the version.

It seems that my installation was corrupted. Was it corrupted after I install ISEE A.03.95.510.36 (which comes with RST Java Runtime 1.4)? Is there a conflict with that? Please advise and correct me if my understanding about Java is wrong. Thanks!

Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You must have a good working java version, ISEE software package for PA-RISC comes bundle with Java 1.4.2.x and this should work fine, or if you have other known good java already installed, you can change motprefs and point to it, either way should work.

You may want to remove ISEE and reinstall it again, look at swinstall.log, you will see java is being installed as well.

Make sure "~/java -version" is showing properly.

If you need help with java, you will need to go to their forum or call HP.

Regards,