Insight Remote Support
1753845 Members
7648 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PGS10405: Failed to deliver an indication:

PGS10405: Failed to deliver an indication:

Hey, guys. I am getting the following error message from my cimserver process.

Mar 19 15:31:22 rachp3 cimserver[11400]: PGS10405: Failed to deliver an indication: PGS08001: CIM
HTTP OR HTTPS CONNECTOR CANNOT CONNECT TO 127.0.0.1:50004. CONNECTION FAILED.

This server is configured just like all of my other servers:

root@rachp3:/root# cimsub -lf
FILTER QUERY
root/cimv2:HP_General Filter@1_V1 "Select * from HP_DeviceIndication"
root/cimv2:HPSIM_racsim_0 "select * from HP_DeviceIndication"
root/cimv2:HPWEBES_racsim.rac.raccorp.corp_9_Filter_HP_AlertIndication "select * from HP_AlertIndication"
root/PG_InterOp:EventConsumerFilter "SELECT * FROM HP_DeviceIndication"
root/PG_InterOp:HealthStatus_InstCreateFilter "SELECT AlertingManagedElement FROM HP_AlertInstCreate"
root/PG_InterOp:HealthStatus_InstDeleteFilter "SELECT AlertingManagedElement FROM HP_AlertInstDelete"
root/PG_InterOp:HealthStatus_OpStatusFilter "SELECT AlertingManagedElement,CurrentOperationalStatus FROM HP_AlertOpStatusModify"

root@rachp3:/root# cimsub -lh
HANDLER DESTINATION
root/cimv2:CIM_IndicationHandlerCIMXML.HPSIM_racsim https://127.0.0.1:50004/cimom/listen1
root/cimv2:CIM_IndicationHandlerCIMXML.HPWEBES_racsim.rac.raccorp.corp_9_Handler_HP_AlertIndication https://racsim.rac.raccorp.corp:7906/Wbem/WbemIndication?MEId=8a8189b2275bfb520127780e411702bf&MEName=10.0.1.135&ruleSet=HPUX_WBEM_V2_8-05-09%3AHPUX_V2_8-05-09%3BNonStop%3AWBEM_NonStop%3BNonstop_IncidentReportRule%3ANS_IR-7-14-09
root/cimv2:CIM_ListenerDestinationCIMXML.localhost/CIMListener/EMArchiveConsumer localhost/CIMListener/EMArchiveConsumer
root/PG_InterOp:CIM_IndicationHandlerCIMXML.EventConsumerHandler localhost/CIMListener/EventIndicationConsumer
root/PG_InterOp:CIM_IndicationHandlerCIMXML.HealthStatus_StatusConsumerHandler_CoolingIndicationConsumer localhost/CIMListener/CoolingIndicationConsumer
root/PG_InterOp:CIM_IndicationHandlerCIMXML.HealthStatus_StatusConsumerHandler_DiskStatusConsumer localhost/CIMListener/DiskStatusConsumer
root/PG_InterOp:CIM_IndicationHandlerCIMXML.HealthStatus_StatusConsumerHandler_MemoryStatusConsumer localhost/CIMListener/MemoryStatusConsumer
root/PG_InterOp:CIM_IndicationHandlerCIMXML.HealthStatus_StatusConsumerHandler_PowerIndicationConsumer localhost/CIMListener/PowerIndicationConsumer

root@rachp3:/root# evweb subscribe -L -b external

Filter Name Handler Name Query De stinat Destination Url
=========================================================== ====================== ====================================== ======================================== == ====== =========================================================================== ================================================================================== ========================================================================
HP_General Filter@1_V1 localhost/CIMListener/ EMArchiveConsumer Select * from HP_DeviceIndication UN KNOWN
HPSIM_racsim_0 HPSIM_racsim select * from HP_DeviceIndication CI MXML https://127.0.0.1:50004/cimom/listen1
HPWEBES_racsim.rac.raccorp.corp_9_Filter_HP_AlertIndication HPWEBES_racsim.rac.rac corp.corp_9_Handler_HP_AlertIndication select * from HP_AlertIndication CI MXML https://racsim.rac.raccorp.corp:7906/Wbem/WbemIndication?MEId=8a8189b2275bf b520127780e411702bf&MEName=10.0.1.135&ruleSet=HPUX_WBEM_V2_8-05-09%3AHPUX_V2_8-05- 09%3BNonStop%3AWBEM_NonStop%3BNonstop_IncidentReportRule%3ANS_IR-7-14-09

The only difference with this server was that all of my others already had OpenSSL installed on them. I did a fresh installation of OpenSSL on this server and didn't do any further configuration of it. Is there anything further I would need to do in order to get it configured properly? I am wondering if I'm supposed to bounce cimserver or something after I've installed OpenSSL to get it working.

root@rachp3:/root# telnet localhost 500004
Trying...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
root@rachp3:/root#
6 REPLIES 6
Frank Alden Smith
Trusted Contributor

Dear No idea ...

You may want to try your telnet again:

root@rachp3:/root# telnet localhost 500004

the port has one too many zeros.

Also try to restart the cimserver, e.g.,

#cimserver -s

then

#cimserver

I have seen this cure inexplicable issues.

Take care,
frank
All knowing is doing.

Thanks for the response.

Bouncing cimserver didn't seem to help at all. Also, I don't think my telnet test is a good test because I can't telnet to it even with the right number of zeroes, nor can I do that on the servers that are working properly.

Thanks for the response, Frank. I did have an extra zero in there. Good eye.

I restarted cimserver and still have the same error message.

I also just noticed that 50004 is associated with the CMS as opposed to the managed server. I'm able to get a telnet connection from this server to the CMS so it's not a firewall issue.

Okay so I have a better idea of what's going on here. The subscription looks like it should be pointing to the SIM server instead of localhost.

root@rachp3:/root# cimsub -lh
HANDLER DESTINATION
root/cimv2:CIM_IndicationHandlerCIMXML.HPSIM_racsim https://127.0.0.1:50004/cimom/listen1

root@rachp3:/root# cimsub -lf
FILTER QUERY
root/cimv2:HP_General Filter@1_V1 "Select * from HP_DeviceIndication"
root/cimv2:HPSIM_racsim_0 "select * from HP_DeviceIndication"

I think I should have the IP address of the SIM server instead of 127.0.0.1 for the handler.

I wiped out that filter and handler by doing a
root@rachp3:/etc/opt/resmon/lbin# cimsub -ra -n root/cimv2 -F root/cimv2:HPSIM_racsim_0 -H root/cimv2:CIM_IndicationHandlerCIMXML.HPSIM_racsim

Then I went back into SIM and resubscribed the server to WBEM events. The IP address still shows up as 127.0.0.1. eh???

I have since removed WBEM and SFM and then reinstalled them on the managed node. I resubscribe to WBEM events on the SIM server and the handler continues to show up as 127.0.0.1:50004. I am pretty stumped at this point.

For anyone that cares or runs into this problem, I was able to fix it by going to the SIM server and doing some command line functions.

Basically going through the GUI, there wasn't an obvious way for me to set up WBEM login credientials. I believe this was keeping the CMS and the node from establishing the proper setup for the WBEM subscrption.

Here were the commands I used from the CMS command line:

C:\> mxnodesecurity -a -p wbem -c : ├в n (this sets up the WBEM login credentials)

C:\> mxnode -a nodename -w (this may or may not be necessary assuming you've already discovered the node through the GUI)

C:\> mxwbemsub -a -n
(This adds the WBEM subscription)
After that, I did an "# evweb subscribe -L -b external" on the node and the 127.0.0.1 was now replaced by the IP of the CMS.