3094 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Process mad causes require high CPU

affin
Frequent Advisor

Process mad causes require high CPU

Dear forum,

since few days we noticed that our HP 11.11 box has a process called "mad" wich is running in top with about 98% of CPU consuption. If we stop and restart ISEE all goes well but the situation comes back after some hours.

Any idea?

Thanx.
Alessandro
5 REPLIES 5
Frauke Denker_2
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Process mad causes require high CPU

Hello Alessandro,
which client are you using? If it is 3.50 this is a know issue and will be fixed in the next ISEE release (3.90). This will probably be released in February/March.
Regards
Frauke
affin
Frequent Advisor

Dear Frauke,

the version is A.03.50.854.
Is there a temporary workaround? Cause if not I have to shut down the service e wait until the release of new version and this is not so good because I'll have no remote monitoring on my host.

Thanx
Ciao
Alessandro
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Please make sure your Server is able to communicate with HP Backend (isee.americas.hp.com) freely. If you have open incidents and your Server is not able to get to the backend, it may keep trying and using up CPU resources.

Take a look at /opt/hpservices/logs/mad.log, it may tell you where the problem is.

Regards,
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

The Backend server in your region is isee.europe.hp.com.
Frauke Denker_2
Esteemed Contributor

Hello Alessandro,
I just checked, the client might be one issue (and I am not aware of a workaround) that this problem might aswell occure if not all the required patches are installed or the diagnotics is not the required version. If might as well be a good idea to reinstall the diagnostics if the version installed contains predictive. Please make sure that you check for any dependencies of EMS before removing the diagnostics. You should not try to only remove Predictive in that case.
Regards
Frauke