108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Questions about IRS

KissMyAsthma13
Occasional Advisor

Questions about IRS

Hello,

Is Insight free? 

I mean we got an e-mail from HPE that a new version is out but I wasn't able to find  latest download and it isn't offered with HP SUM. We have active warranty.

Currently we are using Online version with a direct connection which gives us some information about current server state but it's not really working out  for us. 

Any help is welcome and I do apologize for going off topic.

KissMyAsthma13

|ʘ‿ʘ)╯
7 REPLIES 7
toddg1
HPE Pro

Re: Insight-RS 7.6 upgrade - some customers reporting this ends in "Error"

It is free, and you should be able to download it, just by logging in with your Passport account and providing some details.

I heard yesterday that some browsers are having a hard time seeing the latest release (perhaps a cache problem - because lots of folks can see the download with the various browsers).

Navigate to:  

https://h20392.www2.hpe.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=RSSWMBASE

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
dcolpitts
Frequent Advisor

Todd - It is not a cache issue - it redirects you to download version 7.4.0.  Then that fails with "Sorry, we are unable to process your request. Our system is experiencing some difficulties. Please try again later.".

Clearing cache and cookies (and using other browsers) does NOT resolve the issue.  This issue has existed since at least Friday evening.

dcc

toddg1
HPE Pro

Strange - we have had various folks having complete success getting this, and others reporting the "problem" message you show above.

We will escalate this again to the HPE IT team that owns the site where these bits are housed - this isn't our code, we rely on a data service.

Thanks for letting us know.

I just was able to get there with Chrome - but could not yesterday.  Dang intermittent issues.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
dcolpitts
Frequent Advisor

lowen
Advisor

Hi, sorry you are having problems getting access to Insight RS 7.6, we are investigating that urgently.   I noticed your comment "Currently we are using Online version with a direct connection which gives us some information about current server state but it's not really working out  for us"   and was wondering if you could elaborate - would like to understand so we can improve the service.

Thanks,

L.O.

I am an HP employee
KissMyAsthma13
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

First of all Thank You for replying.

Now to elaborate what I mean is that with linking our device to the list of devices everything worked perfectly. It list hardware and it's status. Warranty status is a okay.

Now here is issue I can't figure out.

Some communication issue and we keep getting this Error: cases.error.timeout.error and that status isn't updated really often. 

Last update was 2 days ago and the before that I beleive 5 days. 

Then it connects and goes away again. Like there's a sync issue.

Even this isn't main issue but that a lot of times we can't even load anything, Web page is a lot of times extremely slow.

So installing it directly on server would maybe be a better solution.

In the end this issue might be on our part  but wasn't able to find any info on it.

Except the basic guide I wasn't able to find aynthing else on documentation.

(If You maybe have some additional documentation please link it to me)

Thank You for reading.

|ʘ‿ʘ)╯
toddg1
HPE Pro

Hello "Kiss" - at this point, I believe it will be best for you to contact HPE Support and request assistance from the Insight RS support team.  Something strange is happening with your system for sure, and I don't think we can troubleshoot thru this forum,.  The Support team will be able to work directly with you to get this resolved.

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo