Insight Remote Support
1752777 Members
6236 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RSDDU install failing

Marty Pruden

RSDDU install failing

Getting the following error when trying to upgrade Remote Support Discovery Engine (RSDDU) to A.05.40.00.1032:

Summary Package Installation for ' Remote Support Discovery Engine (RSDDU) A.05.40.00.1032'

Status Failure

Details ' Remote Support Discovery Engine (RSDDU) A.05.40.00.1032' installation failed due to the following error:
An exception was thrown when installing the service CM_GL_RSDDU_WIN. See the log CM_GL_RSDDU_WIN_install.log for details.

7 REPLIES 7
ICT Backoffice
Advisor

I have the same problem. In the log I cannot find what the problem is. All the other components in "Remote Support Software" are up to date.
Roland Wengert
Advisor

Same Problem
Mauro Livi
Valued Contributor

Exactly same problem here. All other items installed just fine.
Mauro Livi
Valued Contributor

Marty, (or anyone else) have you opened a call with HP on this yet? Just wondering if there was any hint of a resolution.

Thanks
Mauro
Marty Pruden

I found a resolution in another posting by Insight (actually the same problem), is a 3 step process and it fixed the problem for me.
Marty Pruden

check the thread with this heading (actually a 4 step process to remove and reinstall):
"Cannot install Remote Discovery Engine" The remove said it failed, but I kept going and it installed successfully after removing RSDDU scheduled task, deleting a file and reinstalling the product using RSSWM.
ICT Backoffice
Advisor

This worked for me:

1.Remove RSDDU in Add/Remove Software
2.Restart RSSWM (not sure if needed)
3.Delete C:\Program Files\HP\CM\Lib\RSSWM\RSPS\SWM\ZSERVICE\CM_GL_RSDDU_WIN\00000000.00
0\ZSERVICE.EDM
4. Install RSDDU through RSSWM

Many thanks to raj2796