108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RSP 5.20 available yet?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sean Murray_1
Regular Advisor

RSP 5.20 available yet?

Just curious. I installed Remote Support Software Management Upgrade Tool, but see no new packages on within the RSSM.

And I thought it was out already.

Thanks
Sean
6 REPLIES 6
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Re: RSP 5.20 available yet?

Well ... I had it for month or so
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
ITRC Test-CH
Trusted Contributor

RSP A.05.20 has been introduced with HP-SIM V5.3. Previous SIM versions support RSP versions only up to A.05.10.
Sean Murray_1
Regular Advisor

AH. I thought per a doc that was posted here, we could use the upgrade tool.

"Existing RSP customer remaining on HP SIM 5.2.x and upgrading using the Remote Support Software Management Upgrade Tool Although it is recommended to upgrade to RSP A.05.20 by installing HP SIM 5.3, it is possible to upgrade while remaining on HP SIM 5.2.x. This can be accomplished by installing the Remote Support Software Management Upgrade Tool that updates the current version of the Remote Support Software Manager (RSSWM) to the new version that utilizes HP Configuration Manager (CM). This tool is expected to be release on February 6th, 2009. The Remote Support Software Management Upgrade Tool is only visible to existing RSP customers and will automatically be downloaded via RSSWM when available. This tool then needs to be installed and executed before any of the other RSP A.05.20 software packages are accessible via the new RSSWM."

Which I did install via the software manager, but see no new program or updates.

Thanks
Rob A. Hart
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Hi Sean,

Upgrade documentation to move to RSSWM is available under:

http://docs.hp.com/en/netsys.html#Remote%20Support%20Pack

Specifically the Remote Support Software Manager A.05.20 Upgrade Guide found presently at:

http://docs.hp.com/en/5992-6181/5992-6181.pdf
Sean Murray_1
Regular Advisor

Ah, thank you. I had a different doc. I found the setup file needed to complete the upgrade.
Sean Murray_1
Regular Advisor

Question answered