1752728 Members
6044 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RSP Incident creation in SIM 5.3

Ray Schleicher
Occasional Contributor

RSP Incident creation in SIM 5.3

Is there a way to configure incident creation thresholds for RSP in SIM 5.3?

Background:
One of our sysadmins accidentally unplugged a PSU on one of our DL380's. This fired off an alert as expected, but it also auto-generated a ticket with HP. This is a problem, because there's nothing wrong with the power supply. The sysadmin plugged it back in right away, but the incident was still created.

I'd like to prevent RSP from creating tickets for certain events or at least set a time threshold to wait before creating the ticket. Does anyone know if (and how) this can be done?

Thanks,
Ray
2 REPLIES 2
ITRC Test-CH
Trusted Contributor

Re: RSP Incident creation in SIM 5.3

Hi Ray,
In HP-SIM under "Remote Support Configuration and Services" the remote transport can be enabled, disabled, reenabled for each device depending on your needs.

Regards,
Werner
Ray Schleicher
Occasional Contributor

Re: RSP Incident creation in SIM 5.3

Hi Werner,

Unfortunately, that doesn't really solve my problem. I want it enabled, but I'd like to be able to set thresholds before incidents are created or specify which alerts cause incidents to be created. In my example above, I'd like to not have an alert fire if the power cable is removed. I would probably like to take power notifications out of the mix due to the erroneous alert potentional. However, I think hard disk failures would be good to have incidents created, since they are rarely erroneous.

Thanks,
Ray