Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSP Windows 2008 x64 install

Jani Pajula
Occasional Advisor

RSP Windows 2008 x64 install

Hi!

When installing HP SIM/RSP into Windows 2008 x64 platform, there is additional step: "Manual Installation Step Required for a x64 CMS" http://www.docs.hp.com/en/5992-6210/ch03s05.html

However I just installed all software through RSSWM UI, but there's no directory C:\Hewlett-Packard\BusinessSupport\RSC\Windows\x64 and I couldn't find RemoteSupportClientX64Install.bat anywhere. The Remote Support Client shows that it is installed correctly.

Could it be that this client is updated and this step is no more mandatory? Anyone else faced same problem with Windows 2003/2008 x64?

-Jani-
5 REPLIES
Mitchum
Advisor

Re: RSP Windows 2008 x64 install

Hi Jani,

I was about to post the same question.
We're stuck with our CMS x64 to have the RSP working. No way to find the "RemoteSupportClientX64install.bat" neither the "ISEEClientX64.msi" where the bat file is surely pointing.
If someone can help us to find the installer, it would be very appreciated!

Thank you beforehand.
Regards,
Mitchum
ITRC Test-CH
Trusted Contributor

The installed SIM V5.3 and its RSP is located in (default) "C:\Program Files (X86\HP\" on 64 Bit Windows 2003 and 2008. Everything is running as expected.
The described step is not necessary anymore. Hope that the documentation will be updated soon.
Regards, Werner
Mitchum
Advisor

Hi Wermer,

Thank you for your feedback.
For my understanding, this package is responsible of the "Remote Support Configuration and Services" in the option tab of Insight Manager.
Actually, this option is not present in the interface. Are you sure this is not needed anymore?
We run on SIM 5.3 & Remote Support Client A.05.16.
I saw several posts talking about RSC A.05.20 but when checking for new packages updates, there is nothing to update...
We already reinstalled RSSWM twice.

Any help would be great.
Regards,
Mitchum
Mitchum
Advisor

Hi all,

I finally succeeded to have it work, have the "Remote Support Configuration and Services" present under the "Options" tab of HPSIM.
For that, I found an iso of the RSSWM (about 400MB) on the HP Site with the A.05.20 version. It's really not clear from the HP side how to have the latest version as anyway, it downloads the packages from the web... unfortunnatly downloading the packages doesn't mean apparently you have the latest.
So, if you are stuck with this, use the following link and choose the "Insight RS Advanced Full"

https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/try.do?productNumber=RSSWMBASE

Regards,
Mitchum

Mitchum
Advisor

... and by the way, I confirm also that the "Manual Installation Step Required for a x64 CMS" is not needed anymore.

Regards,
Mitchum