RSP and SIM version 5.3

SOLVED
Go to solution
belkacem
Frequent Advisor

RSP and SIM version 5.3

hello Team,
i have to install the RSP on a CMS server to monitor some HP-UX servers,

i have download the SIM 5.3 and install it, but i can't found the RSP, so My I ask You what is the deference between RSP and SIM?

Because using the SIM 5.3 i can manualyy discover a HP-UX server, so what is RSP in this case?

thank you in advance

sincerly
3 REPLIES 3
Olivier Masse
Honored Contributor

Re: RSP and SIM version 5.3

Did you install SIM 5.3 on HP-UX or Windows? RSP is only available on a Windows-based CMS.

When you install SIM on Windows, you will be offered the choice to install RSP at the same time. It will install a component (Remote Support Software Manager) that you need to configure once, then it downloads everything you need from HP and installs it automatically. Downloading everything can take a while. Once it's done, you will have a submenu named "Remote Support and Services" that will appear in SIM.

There are lots of requirements for monitoring HP-UX; for instance, WBEM Services must be working, and you need System Fault Management as well. Check the RSP prerequisites guide for more info.

Bonne chance

belkacem
Frequent Advisor

thanks a lot for your replay,

i have installed the SIM 5.3 on Windows , i can't find the RSP on the desktop or on the SIM Menu, i have two questions:

where i can find the RSP exe file to setup it?

and if i well understand , the RSP will install the last packeges will be used by the CMS and the SIM to Monitor all Servers ? right?

thank you for your replay

Olivier Masse
Honored Contributor
Solution

If you did a typical install, which included RSP, you need to first go under Start -> Programs -> HP Services -> Initialize Remote Support Software Manager (might be different, I'm typing this from memory). A panel will be brought up, where you have to input configuration data such as your name, proxy info, etc. Once this is done, it will download and install all the components. If your internet link is slow, this might take a while (WEBES is over 100 megabytes).

Good luck