1753435 Members
4762 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: RSP no longer works after SIM upgrade

Olivier Masse
Honored Contributor

RSP no longer works after SIM upgrade

I've just updated to SIM 5.3 and since I was already running RSP 5.20, it has not been reinstalled.

Now in the RSP System List, the ENT column is empty, i.e. there's no icon at all, and no host is Remote-Support entitled anymore. I can't entitle them, since I can't click on the icon to re-check the entitlement status.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this, besides uninstalling/reinstalling RSP completely.

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Olivier Masse
Honored Contributor

Re: RSP no longer works after SIM upgrade

Completely removing RSP in the order given in the documentation, then reinstalling it from the SIM 5.3SP1 package, fixed the problem.

The good news is that removing and reinstalling WEBES and OSEM doesn't make you loose any data, their settings are kept. Only RSP itself needs to be reconfigured.

When I checked in SIM after reinstalling, the fields "Customer Defined Serial Number" and "Customer Defined Product Number" (which I had to fill manually for many devices) had been REVERSED, and all the entitlements for devices that had it were disabled. I was looking into hours work, but restarted the SIM service, redid an "Entitle All" and it got fixed by itself.