4878 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RSP standard edition installation

Michal Toth
Regular Advisor

RSP standard edition installation

Hello,

i am having a headache trying to install RSP standard edition. I am unable to get past the initial installation of RSSWM as even when I supply correct proxy address, username and password - it fails to connect to the HP support center and that's where it ends. I did not find anything useful in the logs and I am positive that proxy and proxy credentials are valid, since they work for internet explorer (i get http/403 for rsswm.software.hp.com).

I am attaching the logfile.

Did anyone experience the same? What does it indicate - proxy problem? Network problem? HP problem?
4 REPLIES 4
ITRC Test-CH
Trusted Contributor

Hi Michal,
Important: The actual versions of IRS (RSP) must be installed on a physical system.
The policy server can also be checked by "telnet rsswm.policy.hp.com 443".
The IRS connection to HP may also fail if a firewall or security software filters the network communication. Therefore check also the logs of your firewall and proxy.

Regards, Werner
Michal Toth
Regular Advisor

i believe RSP is delivered throug software manager - there is no separate installation package for RSP on software.hp.com
Terence Tsao
Frequent Advisor

Hello,
what is your OS version ? w2k3 or w2k8 ? maybe you should disable windows firewall then give it a try.
Regards.
Michal Toth
Regular Advisor

RSP is f.... stupid tool worst installation ever. I had to open software call to hp, where some guy from india occupied my desktop via erooms for half a day and after dozens of random reboots and reinstalls it finally got installed.