108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RSSM Fails to initialize

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

RSSM Fails to initialize

We're in the process of building a new HPSIM 5.3 Server. This is on a W2K3 R2 x64 Server. The DVD download seems to be corrupt so I downloaded HPSIM, VMM and PMP.
All installs have gone okay.
I'm now trying to Initialise the Remote Software Support Manager. We need this because ISEE is going away.
When I try the process it runs through a series of downloads and then exits saying it could contact the HP Support Centre and to check the proxy settings. I don't believe that, if I put in an invalid proxy the failure is much clearer.
But the more intriguing error message from the log file is:
"Notify failed, rc = 520Radskman rc:[520] [Application cannot be installed because drive/filesystem cannot be accessed."
Any idea what this means and what's wrong.
Is it related in anyway to the RSP posting David Claypool made earlier?
10 REPLIES 10
Frauke Denker_2
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Try the following:
make a copy of the file C:\Program Files\HP\CM\RSSWM\ZMASTER.EDM
After that search for all files named "ZMASTER.EDM" below the "Lib\RSSWM" folder below the installation directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\HP\CM\RSSWM), and delete them.
Make sure ZMASTER.EDM is still in place in the Lib folder. If you accidentally deleted it, rename ZMASTER.EDM.ORIG back to ZMASTER.EDM
Re-run the RSSWM initialization by:
Start -> All Programs -> Hewlett-Packard -> Remote Support Software Manager -> Initialize Remote Support Software Manager

Hope this helps
Frauke
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Excellent. That worked. Just one note to anyone that uses this, there's a \lib missing from the end of the directory spec. I left that one in place and deleted the others.
Christian Andrew
Frequent Advisor

Wow it worked here too. Been having this problem for weeks. Thank you.
Chintan Shah
Occasional Advisor

Thanks mate.. It helped greatly..
Rick Steeves
Occasional Advisor

I have tried that fix, and am still experiencing the problem. I can telnet to the servers rsswm.policy.hp.com:443 and rsswm.software.hp.com:443.

To sum up, Upgrading from 5.22 to 5.3:

I have only C:\Program Files\HP\CM\Lib\ZMASTER.EDM

Start > Programs > HP > RSSM > Initialize

Select All
Enter valid domain credentials
I am not using a proxy.

It looks like it succeeds in connecting to rsswm.policy.hp.com and uploading data a couple of times, and then I still get the error: Failed to connect to the HP Support Center.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Another thing to check is that you've disabled the IE Enhanced Security Configuration, that can upset connectivity.
Rick Steeves
Occasional Advisor

the system with IM installed is XP, and I don't believe XP has the IE Advanced Security settings.

Rick
Rick Steeves
Occasional Advisor

The system with IM installed is XP, and I don't believe XP has the IE Advanced Security settings.

Rick
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Sorry - I don't know then. That solution worked here. You'll probably need to either open up a new thread or open a call with HP.
I'd also verify XP is supported for RSSWM.