1753781 Members
7779 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RSSWM Installation Failure

Mike Hanlon

RSSWM Installation Failure

Windows server 2003 32 bit. HPSIM upgraded to
6.2 with no issues. BUT The RSSWM 5.50 installation fails. I am not able to uninstall remote support. I am not able to open the configuration page. Basically the software is hosed. Any ides?
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
ITRC Test-CH
Trusted Contributor

Re: RSSWM Installation Failure

If it go forgotten to select the remote support option during the SIM upgrade, IRS can be reconnected to SIM by reinstalling the components RSC, RSCC, RSCCE and the Remote Support Eligible Systems List using RSSWM.

Regards, Werner
Mike Hanlon

Thank You for reply Werner,
The RSS 5.50 RSS installation failed on the second step after the HPSIM 6.2 upgrade.
I am not able to open the Remote Software Support Manager tool from the start menu. It states that the country is not set. I am not able to uninstall RSS from the Start, all-Programs, Hewlett-Packard, Remote Software Support Software Uninstall or from the Control Panel Add\remove programs. It looks like it has some 5.3 and some 5.5 features installed.

I tried removing the reg key for HKLM\software\Hewlett-Packard\Rsswm and rerunnign the install, but that did not help.

Anyone have any ides? Does HP have phone number I can use to open a support ticket?
Mike Hanlon

Here is uninstall error I am receiving:
C:\>"C:\Program Files\HP\CM\RSSWM\RSSWM\Lib\RadiaUninstaller.exe"
Unable to initialize uninstall sequence, please remove the agent and managed software manually. Error: Invalid
namespace
Error removing agent: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Error in post intstall: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at hp.tsgit.rsp.RadiaUninstaller.Main(String[] args)

Problem is, the control panel uninstall fails as well.
JonH_5
Trusted Contributor

I also just upgraded from 5.3 to 6.2 and the RSSWM install would fail on the Remote Suport Client A05.50 install, with log stating NullReference. I deleted the folder C:\Program Files\HP\Installers and then the install worked.

JON
Mike Hanlon

Thanks for the reply. I never did get the upgrade to work. I was going to backup then delete the program folders from the hard drive, then delete the registry entries as well.

I ended up running mxexport and mximport, since we were moving the installation to new hardware. The install went fine on the new server and it seems to be working.
Siraj_1

Deleting the Installers folders worked for me. Thank you for the post.

Siraj_1

Good God I didn't delete the installers folder completely, I just moved to another drive. This folder is needed to run some configuration scripts to complete the installation.