1753504 Members
4709 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re-install WEBES 6.1 and Insight Remote Support Advance

Dennisb_2
Occasional Advisor

Re-install WEBES 6.1 and Insight Remote Support Advance

Hi, If i'm going to re-install this products would my SIM be broken? Any thing I should take notes before I pursue this?
5 REPLIES 5
ITRC Test-CH
Trusted Contributor

Re: Re-install WEBES 6.1 and Insight Remote Support Advance

Hi Dennisb,
The offical way to remove IRS is to select under "Start" > .. >"Uninstall Remote Support Software Manager". There you select to remove the all IRS packages.
When you have reinstalled IRS, you must
- register your service again
- reconfigure all remote support collector credentials
All other information remanis available in HP-SIM. In WEBES all service events are gone.

Regards, Werner
Dennisb_2
Occasional Advisor

Hi Weiner thanks. now the installation failed on WEBES 6.1 error i'm getting WEBES6.1.msi not found?

Dennisb_2
Occasional Advisor

This is what I'm doing:

My machine is VMWare under Windows 2008 R2.
Installed rs_adv0550.exe then the installation goes to WEBES6.1, it stop there getting a popup window, error 1155: File C:\Users|Admin\App\localTemp\2\ WEBES 6.1.msi not found.

Anyone has encountered this problem? Thanks.
Dennisb_2
Occasional Advisor

If anyone of you have a 1155 file not found error. Maybe this would help. email I sent to HP engineer. I Found a bug on the IRSA550.exe installer bat file not sure if this is by design or what.

_________
I had managed to install the WEBES 6.1 from the IRSA5.50 package whilst monitoring the installation process. I had found out that the WEBES6.1.msi file has a special character at the beginning of the filename by checking the properties of the file itself, could be bug somewhere on the package installation bat file. This is the reason for the "1155 file not found" error during the WEBES extraction. The installer can't locate the file because of that unknown special character.

To summarise, below were the resolution I took.

1. run the rs_adv0550.100820.exe (admin and console account on VMWare)
2. The installation will then again fail when it goes to extract WEBES6.1.msi. with pop up error (1155: file not found error). I didn't hit retry because by doing this it will just delete the WEBES6.1 msi that has been extracted from the package.
3. Without exiting the installation, I went to the folder where the WEBES6.1.msi got extracted and copied the folder to another location.
4. Then, run the WEBES6.1.msi manually. The windows installer had pick that up and was successfully installed.
5. I then, cancelled the installation process of rs_adv0550.exe and re-run it again. This time it did pick up every other compulsary services.

Hope this will help others.
Thank you.

Anyway, it did not resolve my original e2e error issue.
Krishna_Pandey

I am also getting Webes 6.1.msi not found and hence not able to uninstall.

If you have been able to get this issue solved, please reply.

After uninstallation, I have to install Webes6.3.

Thanks a lot.

Krishna

@Dennisb_2 wrote:
Hi Weiner thanks. now the installation failed on WEBES 6.1 error i'm getting WEBES6.1.msi not found?