Insight Remote Support
1752808 Members
6288 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Receiving contract/warranty has expired message, but HP rep has confirmed that the contract is valid

Akron
Occasional Contributor

Receiving contract/warranty has expired message, but HP rep has confirmed that the contract is valid

I am receiving the message on more than one server, The contract or warranty for this system has expired. But when I contact our HP support person, she has verified that the contract for that server is valid. Any ideas on what I can do to correct this error? Other servers show correct information in this field. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Receiving contract/warranty has expired message, but HP rep has confirmed that the contract is valid

1. This can happen sometimes. Did you verify the server information with the ITRC warranty check?
If ITRC warranty check tells you that your servers are covered by a contract, the server contract warranty state CW should go back to green as soon as next warranty check is done. You can check the scheduled task list to see the next execution time. It is possible to force a contract warranty check inside SIM under the options menu.

2. Did you already enter the SAID for your servers?

3. Did something changed in the firewall/proxy configuration (SW Update)? Use wccproxy test from your SIM server and check the service event status it should go to closed at HP.

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

You can add further detail to the CW side from HPSIM under the Tools & Links -> Edit System Properties section.
If you have the contract, get the SAID and enter that and change the Entitlement type. Tends to resolve issues of this type
Tuscani_1
Frequent Advisor

I was running into the same issue.. adding the SAID directly seems to have resolved. Plus it saves me from having to populate hundreds of missing product IDs.

:)