1748244 Members
3923 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Remote Delivery Down - Stalled submissions

Sandy Wood
Frequent Advisor

Remote Delivery Down - Stalled submissions

Where to start troubleshooting Stalled submissions? Nothing is getting to the upstream server. I've started and stopped ISEE / OSEM many times with no sucess.
13 REPLIES 13
Frank Alden Smith
Trusted Contributor

Sandy,

If this is a newly configured managed system, then check entitlement information (product number and serial number, etc.) for system. Also make sure the Company and contact information is complete.

Failing that can you browse to the HP Data Center (e.g. http://isee.americas.hp.com/mots/motserv) from the managed system?

Hope that gives you a starting point.

Take care,
frank

All knowing is doing.
Sandy Wood
Frequent Advisor

My system has been up and working for about 6 months, it only stopped being able to connect in the past month.

I did apply Windows 2003 SP2 to this machine and wonder if it may have caused any issues. I can access

http://isee.americas.hp.com/mots/motserv

and I see the

Front End Statistics for Vendor HP_Services

page. I've tried to click on the Front End link

isee-front.atl.hp.com:2112

and that times out. Should I be able to get somewhere with this link?

Sandy Wood
Frequent Advisor

My system has been up and working for about 6 months, it only stopped being able to connect in the past month.

I did apply Windows 2003 SP2 to this machine and wonder if it may have caused any issues. I can access

http://isee.americas.hp.com/mots/motserv

and I see the

Front End Statistics for Vendor HP_Services

page. I've tried to click on the Front End link

isee-front.atl.hp.com:2112

and that times out. Should I be able to get somewhere with this link?

Frank Alden Smith
Trusted Contributor

Sandy,

No, you shouldn't be able to navigate to another page using the front end link. However, just reaching the page indicates that there are no problems with firewall or web-proxy configuration preventing delivery of the ISEE incident.

Stalled notifications typically are a result of an internal network issue. Any changes in that area lately?

Perhaps the log file may help look in: C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OSEM\Logs.

Finally, (forgive me if you did this already) have you tried to retry the stalled notifications in OSEM?

Take care,
frank
All knowing is doing.
Sandy Wood
Frequent Advisor

Frank,

Thanks for the note. It looks like since I can get to the hp web site, perhaps it's something in our network. I have tried retrying them all to no avail The logs show the repeated attempts, but nothing more. It appears that the OESM part works, to some extent. I get alerts via email when a trap is sent to the OESM server, they just don't make it out of our network.

At this point, I'm trying to get ahold of the HP engineer who configured our installation. I've run through all the docs I can find and I just can't pin the problem down. I wish the logging was more verbose.

Thanks again for the help. This is a really good system to have, I'd like to get it going again.
Frank Alden Smith
Trusted Contributor

Sandy,

Since events are reaching OSEM from the health agent (Insight Management Agents) and OSEM is attempting to forward them to the ISEE Client -- something may be broken between OSEM and the ISEE Client. So there is one last thing to try -- stop and then restart the WCCProxy service, which interconnects OSEM and the ISEE Client.

Take care,
frank
All knowing is doing.
Sandy Wood
Frequent Advisor

Frank,

Thanks for the tip. I tried restarting the WCCProxy service but to no avail - still stalling out. I'm trying to locate an HP person locally to figure out what's going on.

Funny how it's hard to find them when you don't want to buy anything.
Riza Samad

I am experiencing the same thing. some messages appear as having status stalled@osem

Hi Sandy,

I have the same problem as you do, been going on since february and now I can't get it to work.

And by reading the forums there seems like there are alot of people having the same problems and noone knows what this is!!??

What I see in the log that I get "Response is null ISEE connection "

Surely, some HP tech-guy who works with ISEE and OSEM should know what this is and can help us, this must be a very common problem that has been reported to HP?

I have tried all the other checks, brows to this and that site see if can see the website, restart wccproxy...and more..even installed a new OSEM, 1.4.5, but the problem remain.

BR
Johan S.