1752579 Members
3087 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Remote Software Manager doesn't install RSP

Epov Ivan
Occasional Contributor

Remote Software Manager doesn't install RSP

Installed SIM 5.2. I have problem with Remote Software Manager, which doesn't install RSP and other software. It shows that status aborted(pre-installed). Buttons Remove and Install don't help. Traffic analazer programm shows that something was downloaded. I wanted run installation manual, but I did find distr of this files.
How can I solve this problem?
3 REPLIES 3
jaywardhan
Frequent Advisor

Hi Epov,

Looks like you didnt uninstall any previous instance of SIM or RSSWM and packages.
You might need to cleanly uninstall all the packages under RSSWM from Add/Remove Programs, Delete all relevant folders and registries and reinstall the packs. Consider reinstalling RSSWM, downloading the packs and installing it.

Regards,
Jay
Epov Ivan
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jay,

There are no RSP in Add/Remove Programme and in other places. System is clean before installing. Same problem is on other site.

I upgraded SIM 5.2 to SIM 5.3. And now all works fine.
Adila Botonjic
Advisor

If you have SIM 5.2 you can find what was downloaded via RSSWM under c:\program files\HP\SWM\ISEE_SWM_something\marimba and then you should see around 35 folders called chx where x represent the number from 1 to 35. It's complicated to understand what contains folder ch1 and ch2 and so on...so knowing where are downloaded packeges will not help you so much.
You could see log file using RSSWM for the package that is aborted or the best thing of all would be uninstall the current RSSWM and then upgrade SIM to v 5.3. SIM 5.3 installs RSP 5.20 and it's much easier to understand where is the potential problem of RSP.