Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Support Configuration and Services & Warranty Error

SOLVED
Go to solution
JL123
Frequent Advisor

Remote Support Configuration and Services & Warranty Error

Hi, we recently upgraded to HP SIM 5.3, and installed the Remote Support Configuration and Services component that was bundled with SIM.

Currently I'm unable to run contract and warranty data collection on any of my servers due to this error:

Sending contract and warranty request to the hp.com back-end contract and warranty service using Service Essentials Remote Support Pack client.
The Service Essentials Remote Support Pack client is either not installed or is a version older than is supported with the HP SIM contract and warranty gathering tool.

Also in SIM I cannot get to the Remote Support Configuration and Services (via going to options then Remote Support Configuration and Services), I get the following error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method DOMDocument::document_element() in C:\hp\hpsmh\data\htdocs\isee\isee-functions.php on line 1796

Can anyone help out on this one?
4 REPLIES
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Remote Support Configuration and Services & Warranty Error

That sounds like RSP is not installed correctly or has not been updated.
You could try rerunning the HPSIM 5.3 install and seeing if there's a way of updating RSP.

Roger Blackman
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Did you initilize RSP by running Start > All Programs > Hewlett-Packard > Remote Support Software Manager > Initialize Remote Support Software Manager.

How do you initilize RSP if the shortcut isn't there+?
I said, I AM WORKING ON IT!
JL123
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the replies, I just had to initialise RSP as discussed and it's working.