1753856 Members
7291 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Remote Support Network Component Installer - FAILED

Michael Tubbs
Occasional Contributor

Remote Support Network Component Installer - FAILED

I have an HP SIM 5.2 environment with OSEM 1.4.7 and HP Remote Support Software Manager version .04. Yes, that's right: version .04. Under "Packages" in Remote Support Software Manager, I have an "Available" Remote Support Network Component A.05.10 that keeps failing on install. When I manually run the RSNC.msi file, I get an error message "HP Asset Configuration Services are not installed on this computer. Install HP Asset Configuration services and restart this installation."

At some point, HP SIM also stopped displaying the Contract & Warranty status information for servers.

Does anyone have experience with these two issues? Our local support channels know little or nothing about HP SIM.
4 REPLIES 4
CAN_3
Advisor

Michael,

You need to have the following pre-requisites installed before you can install RSNC :

Remote Support Client
IIS
Java
SNMP Service
Remote Support Configuration Collector Extension

-can
I am an HP Employee
Michael Tubbs
Occasional Contributor

CAN, thanks for the reply. I've met the prerequisites: Remote Support Config Collector Extension A.05.10 is installed. Java 1.5.0.50 is installed. IIS is installed and SNMP is installed.

Do you know if I need a particular version of Java for this installer to work?
Alessandro Baldoni
Occasional Contributor

I'm having the same problem. Did you find the solution?

Thanks.
Michael Tubbs
Occasional Contributor

Alessandro, I've completely reinstalled all of the HP SIM packages on a freshly-installed Windows 2003 server. I've had nothing but trouble when I try reinstalling HP SIM components. One of the HP reps indicated that we should only install the software on the C: drive, despite the fact that it allows you to install on any drive letter.

After the clean install, all HP SIM components, including Remote Support, are working just fine.