Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Insight Remote Support
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Support Problem - HTTP CURL Extension OpenSSL

SOLVED
Go to solution

Remote Support Problem - HTTP CURL Extension OpenSSL

On the entitlement tab in SIM under "Remote Support Configuration and Service" there is an error....

“HTTP Error: CURL Extension, or OpenSSL extension w/ PHP version >= 4.3 is required for HTTPS”

The only reference I can find to this is at http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1118403 but obviously nothing to do with the OP's topic and certificates.

Any ideas?

Running SIM 5.2

Cheers,
2 REPLIES
Peter v G
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Re: Remote Support Problem - HTTP CURL Extension OpenSSL

Hi,

I have been dealing with HP Support on this issue and lets say that I have just been sent around in circles. I have upgraded and patched till blue in the face and still not working.

I then did some digging further into the php problem and it appeared the SMH (systems management homepage) was not loading the php_curl.dll file.

After checking, I found that this file and php_xslt.dll did not exist in the modules dir for the SMH (C:\hp\hpsmh\modules). This files are referred to in the php.ini file in the c:\hp\hpsmh\bin directory.

I then copied php_curl.dll and php_xslt.dll from "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\RemoteSupport\config" to "C:\hp\hpsmh\modules"

I then restarted SMH and it is all working fine now

Hope this helps

Regards

Peter

Re: Remote Support Problem - HTTP CURL Extension OpenSSL

Spot on Peter! Thanks!!!