108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Remote Support Software Manager issues

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mike Wezesa
Occasional Advisor

Remote Support Software Manager issues

Remote Support Software Manager version A.05.00.04, HP SIM 5.1 SP1 - CMS running on Win2k3 R2 SP2

The issue is that whenever I open up the Manager it shows the "please wait" yellow box for a large amount of time and then will error with the message attached. If I navigate to "Actions" and attempt any function in there, it seems to do nothing for 30-45 seconds then pops open the "Please Wait" dialog again before erroring out. Killing the mshta.exe process and retrying/rebooting server/etc do not help at all. Really I just want to grab the latest support pack for use in the Version Control Repository, is there another method of obtaining these updates without using the RSWM?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Remote Support Software Manager issues

it's possible to download the PSP (now called HP ProLiant Essentials Foundation Pack) from this website.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantessentials/foundationpack/downloads.html

You then upload it to the HP Version Control Repository Manager from the HP System Management Homepage.

Im not sure this is the "smart" way to do it, but it works.
Frank Alden Smith
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Mike,

You need to re-install srvany.exe.

You can find it on the media or in the directory from which you installed HP SIM. It will be in the rsswm subdirectory.

An easy method of determining the path on which srvany.exe should be installed, as well as confirming this is your issue, is to attempt to start the SWM service (ISEE_SWM_COMMANDQUEUE). If srvany.exe is missing, the service will not start ... but it will open a dialog box telling you srvany.exe is missing and give the full path on which it should be installed.

See the attached file for more details.

Take care,
frank
All knowing is doing.
Mike Wezesa
Occasional Advisor

Thanks guys, Frank you are 100% correct I am unable to start the COMMANDQUEUE service and it complains about srvany.exe missing. Thanks for the quick and correct response!