1752565 Members
5439 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Remote Support registration failed.

Steve weeks_2
Frequent Advisor

Remote Support registration failed.

Remote Support registration failed. There may be connectivity issues, or the datacenter may be offline right now. Please refer to the log file and the documentation for more information.

Gents, getting this when registering RSSM within HPSIM 5.3

Any ideas ?
16 REPLIES 16
Steve weeks_2
Frequent Advisor

Error i get when doing a CW status collection

Sending contract and warranty request to the hp.com back-end contract and warranty service using Service Essentials Remote Support Pack client.
There was no response from the Service Essentials Remote Support Pack client and/or the remote back-end contract and warranty service at hp.com. Verify the Service Essentials Remote Support Pack client service is running, properly configured and that the HP SIM server has access to the internet.

Steve weeks_2
Frequent Advisor

If i run from RSSM console both the Test connection and submit software configuration data, they both work OK.
Taha Tungekar
Frequent Advisor

Hi Steve,

There could be quite a few issues here.

1 - The network ports are not open. Confirm this with your network Administrator.

2 - The DNS server is unable to lookup the IP address. Make sure you add all the IP address and Hostname mapping in the Hosts file (under drivers -> etc -> hosts)

3. Check the date and time on your server. Try synchronizing with a NTP server, if possible.

Hope this helps.

-Taha
Steve weeks_2
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

1. I believe so, we used to have this working but a Database move meant we had to trash HPSIM server and start again.

2. Which specifically ?

3. Checked and OK.
Taha Tungekar
Frequent Advisor

Hi Steve,

The answer to point 2 depends on which version of SIM you are using. Can you provide me with some details?
Steve weeks_2
Frequent Advisor

HPSIM 5.3 running on server 2003.
Brian Hope
Frequent Advisor

I am also getting the same message. I am running version 5.2 sp2 of SIM. Not sure what informaiton needs to go into the Hosts file either. Any help would be much appricated. Thanks,
mtornqvi
Occasional Advisor

Hi i have the same problem any ides what the problem may be? I have tested to see what my server can reatch rsswm.policy.hp.com and the server have connectivity to it. And i run the tests from the console and both tests worked.
Steve weeks_2
Frequent Advisor

Well i resolved it personally by building a new server, installing 5.3 on it and it all worked OK.

Not sure if it was the components that caused the issue, or the fact we were running it on a Virtual Server. But i built a new box (physical) and it worked first time after installing all components.

So it could have been the first install, or could have been it being Virtual ?

Not sure if that really helps you gents, sorry.