1752586 Members
4398 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Remote Support registration failed.

mtornqvi
Occasional Advisor

Ok thanks for the quick response. I gone try to install a new vm and do a fresh install on it and see if it works if it doesent i need to get a physical server. I can come backe then i have tested.
Steve weeks_2
Frequent Advisor

Interesting that your was a Virt machine too... maybe there's a pattern developing here.
mtornqvi
Occasional Advisor

Yes maybe it is i personaly dont like to have hardware monitoring in vm:s but i dident setup whis system from the begining. But i gone try a frsch install on a new installed VM. Did you upgrade youre HP SIM from 5.2 to 5.3 when you got whis problem or was it a new install on the vm?
Brian Hope
Frequent Advisor

There is a line in the RDS part of the SIM docs that says it won't work and is not supported on Virtual. SIM it self is, but not the Remote support. Just found that after a few weeks of banging my head against the wall. We are installing 5.3.
mtornqvi
Occasional Advisor

I just finished installation on a physical server and now it work.
Taha Tungekar
Frequent Advisor

Hi All,

HP does not support RSP on a virtual machine. While SIM itself is supported, RSP is not.

In my honest opinion, it is always best to keep the management server separate from all other servers. This is to avoid the situation when a local issue on ESX or Hyper-V server can cause an all VM's to go down (including the management server).

My 2 cents.

Steve weeks_2
Frequent Advisor

All resolved. VM machine not supported.