108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Removing Predictive after installing ISEE

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stuart Powell
Super Advisor

Removing Predictive after installing ISEE

Last month I successfully installed ISEE on a couple 11.00 servers that used to run Predictive. Daily I'm getting messages in the psaction file complaining that there is a problem with Preditive. I ran psconfig and Predictive is NOT running. Any suggestions on how to rid my systems of Predictive?

Stuart
Sometimes the best answer is another question
4 REPLIES 4
Cheryl Griffin
Honored Contributor

Re: Removing Predictive after installing ISEE

Stuart,
According to the guide at http://www.hprc.co.kr/ISEE/Getting_Starteds.pdf

Page 15 of 32 says you can safely remove Predictive because it has been disabled when ISEE was installed.

Understanding HP Predictive Support
If you have HP Predictive Support running on systems that you plan to install HP ISEE, you can remove HP Predictive Support. However, if you choose not to remove it, HP ISEE will automatically disable HP Predictive Support when HP ISEE installed. At a later time, you may choose to remove HP Predictive Support.

Use swremove to remove Predictive.
"Downtime is a Crime."
Stuart Powell
Super Advisor

Cheryl,

I remember reading that, and after installing ISEE I ran swremove, but I couldn't find the filesets for Predictive. I ran "swlist -l fileset | grep -i predictive" and found two filesets, but they don't show up in swremove.

Stuart
Sometimes the best answer is another question
Frauke Denker_2
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

When you uninstall Predictive unually a part of the Online Diagnostics will be uninstalled as well. This means that the Diagnostics won??t run correctly afterwards. So you should not do so. Normally Predictive should be disabled after installing ISEE. Check /etc/rc.config/d/predictive if the variable PREDICTIVE is set to 0. If not, set it to 0 and stop predictive by /sbin/init.d/predictive stop. You should recieve no more messages from Predictive afterwards.
Frauke
jay ekanger

Stuart,

First you will want to ensure the Predicitive daemon (psmond) is not running. Kill the pid if necessary.
Secondly you will want to ensure Predictive is disabled at bootup. You can do this by editing the /etc/rc.config.d/predictive file and setting the "PREDICTIVE=1" to "Predicitve=0"