1752687 Members
5596 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Replace ISEE on HP-UX servers?

Jenni Wolgast
Regular Advisor

Replace ISEE on HP-UX servers?

Got an email from HP saying they are discontinuing ISEE as of 6/1/09 and that I need to switch to RSP... No big deal, so I look at the requirements for RSP and find I have to have an HP Prolient server running Windows... What the heck?? I have two 9000's running HP-UX and I now have to have a Windows server to monitor them?? Please tell me I'm missing something...
4 REPLIES 4
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Re: Replace ISEE on HP-UX servers?

Hi Jenni,

No, you are not missing anything. ISEE version 5 (or RSP) runs on Windows machine acting as CMS (Central Management Server), your HP-UX hosts and other platforms becoming Managed Systems (or Clients) of the CMS.
All hardware incidents are sent to the CMS first, from there, to HP Backend.

Regards,
Michael Wyant
Trusted Contributor

Jenni,

My name is Mike Wyant, I am the ISEE TPL for the Great Lakes East Area. I would be happy to address any or all of your concerns regarding this issue. Please feel free to email me at michael.wyant@hp.com and we can start a dialogue. Thank you.
Lloyd Dolha
Occasional Advisor

I've installed HP SIM on a unix box and was trying to configure it to monitor the other HP-UX servers and storage. This product is very complicated to use. I've decided to not use ISEE or HP SIM. The GUI acts flakey, is extremely slow, and the documentation to support this is unclear and complicated.
Olivier Masse
Honored Contributor

I have to second Lloyd's comments here.

I'll spare my own ranting but thought I'd mention I had an HP Service guy here today for some other matter. Looks like many customers are pissed as well about this.

Yet we have no choice but upgrade before June 2009, hey?