Insight Remote Support
1753682 Members
5314 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Reporting server hardware fault to HP through email automatically ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Reporting server hardware fault to HP through email automatically ?

Hi All,

Is it possible using HP SIM 6.2 to send us email regarding the faulty hardware that needs replacement and then CC: or automatically log the server hardware fault to HP support for replacement ?

I got several hundreds HP server in my datacenter that I need to manage automatically.

Thanks.
Best regards,
5 REPLIES 5
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reporting server hardware fault to HP through email automatically ?

You should take a look at HP Insight Remote Support Advanced which is able to send email with detailed error description which part is broken at which place. It is able to alert your HP service provider automatically.

You can download the Software under software.hp.com you should find insight remote Support on the most popular list.
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Hi,

from this website; https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductsList.do?groupName=HP+Insight+Software

that you mention, I couldn't get the Advanced feature which can automatically log support call on my server hardware ?

cmiiw
Best regards,
BPE
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Server-Support
Super Advisor

yes, you are right it said

"http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/insight-remote-support/overview.html"

"HP Insight Remote Support Advanced is integrated with HP Systems Insight Manager (SIM). It provides comprehensive remote monitoring, notification/advisories, dispatch and proactive service support for nearly all HP servers"

many thanks for the response.
Best regards,
Anvi

Just a question on HP SIM and the integrated IRS feature...Does HP SIM automatically alert HP support for ALL hardware failures ?? What I mean is that is there some threshold or level of severity above which HP support is alerted or is it for every hardware alert no matter how trivial?

Thanks