Did you mean: 

[SIM 6.0] Enclosure equipment warrity check

SOLVED
Go to solution
Danilo B
Frequent Advisor

[SIM 6.0] Enclosure equipment warrity check

Hi all,

is it possible to retrive warrity informations for blade switch, onboard administrator and other enclosure equipment and for the enclosure itself?
I see blue question mark near these objects but I don't know which product number to insert for warrity check. Please note that warrity check for servers is working fine.

Thank you all for help
5 REPLIES
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: [SIM 6.0] Enclosure equipment warrity check

Not that displays well in the main page of HPSIM.
I've not been able to get the Enclosure verified as there's no way of editing details like there is for servers where you can add the part number, SAID etc. When you click on the normal link for this there's no option to edit details.

In the RSC & S page I have successfully got CW details added and verified for the OA. But these don't show in the main page of HPSIM under the SW column, even after successfully running the CW Collection task which normally resets the icon. I just have a blank there.
Danilo B
Frequent Advisor

Thank you for your answer. This is very disappointing to me. Warrity check is a very userful feature, I hope it will be extended to the whole equipment soon. Blue question marks on SIM do always provide an 'uncomplete/misconfigured' sensation as something is not working fine. I'd like to see all-green :-)

Regards, D.
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor
Solution

It is possible to edit the properties of the enclosure:
1) Go to somewhere where you see a list of your enclosures
(example: Systems By Type / HP BladeSystem / All c-Class Enclosures)
2) Select one enclosure with the checkbox
3) In the top menubar choose Tools -> System Information -> System Page

With this method you can reach the regular properties page and fill in all the missing contract info. The same should work for the blade switches and OAs.
Danilo B
Frequent Advisor

[SOLVED] Thank you Michael!!!

Regards, D.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

That works well. I've also found that if you do run the Data Collection task for Contract and Warranty on the OAs, it doesn't change the HPSIM display, but it does show up in the C&W Report that you can run.