108789 Solutions
New Discussion

SIM Adapter Missing?

SOLVED
Go to solution
LGentile
Trusted Contributor

SIM Adapter Missing?

I went to install/configure the SIM adatper for IRS 7.20 and noticed it does not show up in the download list and it's not listed as an available adapter.  It was not installed on this server before.

I see errors concerning the adapter:

"com.hp.uca.swm.exception.SwmException: The HP SIM Adapter failed to install because no supported HP SIM installation was detected on this server."

So i assume this is part of the issue.  The manual install steps simply say to go the software updates page and select it, but as mentioned, it's missing.

Has anyone seen this?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Cali
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: SIM Adapter Missing?

Did you Install IRS on the SIM Server?

It olny works if SIM and IRS is Installed on the same Server.

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
LGentile
Trusted Contributor

Somehow I missed that requirement.  I do have SIM running on a different machine and I did not have plans to put IRS on the same machine for capacity/load reasons.  I guess I will need to evaluate the value of the adapter.

I had IRS installed on the SIM server, but decided to split out the consoles later.. I may need to rethink that if the adapter drastically cuts down on administrative overhead.

Re-reading the documentation, I didn't notice when it said "install SIM.." it meant the same machine.  For some reason that tought didn't register with my brain.

Well - any thoughts on the adapter - does it get around issues like systems showing up as IP addresses vs. host names (in IRS), does it work well?  Currently i run a script to send an event to SIM for autodiscovery, and then the same script registers with IRS automatically.  Does the adapter pull site information from SIM 7.4?  If it did these things, then it would be a major feature enhancement for me.

Thanks!

Cali
Honored Contributor

The SIM Adapter pull the Hosts and Credentials from the SIM.

Typlically I do not enter any Host IP or Credentials in IRS if I have a SIM.

But it is one way and does not put Information back to SIM.

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.