Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Insight Remote Support
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM- automatic email notification

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dave Arkfeld
Advisor

SIM- automatic email notification

We migrated from ISEE to SIM recently. What are the steps to set up SIM to email me when ever a system event or alarm is received?
Dave Arkfeld
1 REPLY
Olivier Masse
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: SIM- automatic email notification

You can receive events from multiple sources:

1. Events trapped directly by SIM (raw WBEM events)
2. Management events reported by the ISEE plug-in (i.e. the SIM Remote Support plug-in)
3. Detailed diagnostic messages from SEA/WEBES

I initially configured all three of them but got pushed back from the flow of e-mails and only kept #2 and #3. I now log into SIM daily to check new events.

To configure #1: you need to create a task under Options -> Events -> Automatic Event Handling.

To configure #2: Check under Settings -> Remote Support Configuration and Services -> "Settings Tab". There are three types of e-mails that can be set.

To configure #3: Log directly into WEBES and turn on e-mail notification, I'm not sure it's enabled by default.

If that can be of any help, I've attached a diagram. N.B. This is my interpretation of Remote Support as a customer, I don't work for HP.

Olivier