Insight Remote Support
1752314 Members
5661 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM can gets trap and send it to esmg?

caostic
Occasional Contributor

SIM can gets trap and send it to esmg?

I would like to know the procedure how SIM can gets trap and send it to esmg for windows servers.thank you in advanced.andre
2 REPLIES 2
ITRC Test-CH
Trusted Contributor

SNMP traps are being used to submit events and service incidents to HP-SIM, which will be forwared to the HP call logging system depending on the incident type.
To send HW configuration collections into HP's esmg the remote configuration collection has to be configured. The collection will be started based on the scheduled jobs. The communication protocol typically differs from SNMP. Further a esmg account with references for the managed devices must exist, typically done by the ASM.
Documentation about IRS services is available on
http://docs.hp.com/en/netsys.html#Remote%20Support%20Pack

Regards, Werner
caostic
Occasional Contributor

Hi,
thank you very much for your answer.I know how SIM works, I know also that I cuolud installed on every windows server the SHC software that permits to communicate directly to esmg but this way takes a lot of time coz I've over 100 windows servers and for every I need to ask some port open and I don't know if they permit this. so I would to know if some features of SIM permit to do the same collection ( so the collection is centralized on csm server that provide already the open port to HP)and send information to esmg ( I remember ISEE permitted to do it). thank you for your support.
Regards
Andre