1752364 Members
6154 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SNMP Events don't generate service incidents at HP

Runninjock
Occasional Contributor

SNMP Events don't generate service incidents at HP

I am using the latest version of SIM and RSSWM. I am trying to figure out why SNMP events aren't generating Service Incidents with HP. The events make it to SIM fine. Service incidents, Types 4 and 1, are logged in the event log for the system that has the trouble. The OSEM reports show that the report has been delivered to HP, but no corresponding case has been generated, either in OSEM or SIM, even hours later. Has this happened to anyone else and is there a way to fix it?
3 REPLIES 3
ITRC Test-CH
Trusted Contributor

Re: SNMP Events don't generate service incidents at HP

Hi,
Have a look in SIM under Service Events - All HP Service Events for example. You will see Case Status like, Submitted, Closed at HP, Assigned at HP.
Important: Check, that the correct Serial Number, Product Number and the System County Code is set in "Edit System Properties". Otherwise you risk state like "No Location@OSEM".

Regards, Werner
Rick DiVita Esq.

I am seeing the same behavior, and my systems are remote support enabled. Like you say, OSEM shows that an incident number was created, and that the incident was delivered, HP even calls after a while. But nothing shows in the "delivered service event" collection, which is unfortunate because I did configure the sample "Forward Delivered Service Events" handler to send me an e-mail so that I know that HP is indeed aware of the problem.
Rick DiVita Esq.

Follow-up . . . I do see and get all the "Case Status Closed" events.