108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SPOP registration failed furing upgrade to SPOP Adler 4.0 release

tr10385
Frequent Advisor

SPOP registration failed furing upgrade to SPOP Adler 4.0 release

Hi ISEE experts;

Need your inputs for folloing observations made by a customer;

Description of problem: On the upgrade of the SPOP to the Adler 4.0 version at the point where we need to register the SPOP (p.50 of the HP ISEE SPOP Configuration, Upgrade & Recovery Guide) it always fails. We tried certainly 5 ├Г  6 times to register. There is no new software bundle coming in and the registration fails.

Operating System: Windows
OS version: 2003
ISEE version: Adler version 4.0

Observation: At a upgrade of the SPOP we put a new image of the SPOP on another disk so we always have a fallback procedure. When we try to download a new software bundle with the old version of the SPOP it works. With the new one not. Now the old version is still running at the CU site but we need to know because of what reason the upgrade fails.

I suspect issue with, HP backend software management server. Since during SPOP registration, SPOP tried to communicate with Backend server to know if any upgrade content is available for this SPOP. I suspect during this stage of SPOP registration; the handshake between SPOP and content server is failed or the sync services at backend is not up and running. If this service is up and running, this error is local to SPOP.

I also aked customer to check following:

Are you able to resolve HP backend and HP backend software management server. Check this with isee.europe.hp.com and isee-updates.americas.hp.com.

Are you able to open ESC on this SPOP (I don├в t think at this stage of error, you cannot)

Could you pl. give me the nslookup output for HP backend and HP backend software management server.

Could you check and send me the hosts file entry.

I also asked customer at what stage of SPOP registration, it fails like: during motive server service or during motive registration or during initiating content synchronisation.

Could anyone help me; attatched are the logs collected from customer:

5 REPLIES 5
tr10385
Frequent Advisor

Software management related files
tr10385
Frequent Advisor

SPOP log files:
Maurice Skubski_1
Valued Contributor

Please try to reach the Address: https://isee.europe.hp.com:443/soapfe/soap useing the Webbrowser with the same Proxy settings! Do you use a basic Auth. for the Proxy? How long does it need to access the page? ms
A. van Berk
Frequent Advisor

'Proxy ssl connect failed' i see all the time.

Did the customer change the firewall rules correctly?
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Hi,

This seems to be the first issue:
[10/Oct/2006:14:49:50 +0200] - major Administrator 1103 Unknown host 'isee-updates.americas.hp.com'.

Make sure isee-updates.americas.hp.com is resolvable through DNS or hosts file.

This could be the 2nd issue:
[10/Oct/2006:13:13:38 +0200] - major Administrator 1103 Could not connect to host 'Proxy ssl connect failed (bluecoatappliance.namsa.nato.int/172.20.102.45:8080)[client, sock]'.\
com.marimba.castanet.util.DetailedException[603/-1: Proxy ssl connect failed (bluecoatappliance.namsa.nato.int/172.20.102.45:8080)[client, sock]]

Make sure you have the correct info for Proxy.

Regards,