3970 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Server does not appear in Insight Online

hstromek
Occasional Contributor

Server does not appear in Insight Online

Hello,

my server DL180 G9 doesn't appear in Insight online when I try the wizard in iLO - I sucessfully pass step 1, but in step 2 where I should confirm server appears in Insight Online I can't continue due to fact that server didn't appear in Insight online. No error appeard, I updated iLO to latest, rebooted server, try several times but no luck.

Has anybody any idea, where could be the error?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
toddg1
HPE Pro

A few more details needed please:

Did you connect the iLO "Direct Connect" to HPE, or did you connect through an Insight Remote Support server?

If Direct Connect, did you complete the 2nd part of the setup sequence where you need to login to the HPE Insight Online portal and complete the information about your contact details?  (these instructions should have been provided during the registration process itself).

If in Insight Remote Support, did you provide an HPE Passport Account when you setup the Insight RS host device?

Is this the same HPE Passport Account that you're logging into?

If you have done all these steps properly - then it's likely time for you to contact HPE Support to have a support assistant help you work out what is wrong.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
rgbiernat
Occasional Visitor

@toddg1 wrote:

A few more details needed please:

Let me jump in here with the same problem.

Did you connect the iLO "Direct Connect" to HPE, or did you connect through an Insight Remote Support server?

Direct connect.

If Direct Connect, did you complete the 2nd part of the setup sequence where you need to login to the HPE Insight Online portal

The provided address http://www.hpe.com/services/hpesc is invalid and ends in an Error 404 page. Latest ILO 2.40.

If I manually go to www.hpe.com/support/hpesc (logging in with the same Passport ID) I can go to the dashboard with another click. 

and complete the information about your contact details?  (these instructions should have been provided during the registration process itself).

There is no new device nor a registration process for it.

If in Insight Remote Support, did you provide an HPE Passport Account when you setup the Insight RS host device?

Is this the same HPE Passport Account that you're logging into?

If you have done all these steps properly - then it's likely time for you to contact HPE Support to have a support assistant help you work out what is wrong.

I tried that MULTIPLE times and ALL support tickets got closed within hours/days. Of course without providing an answer. I think the company split really annoys a lot of your customers.

Cheers,

Ruediger

rgbiernat
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

HPE has finally fixed my problem. Sort of. Multiple problems prevented a registration.

1. My server unsuccessfully got registered three times. Those three registration attempts got stuck on the HP side. Their problem. Not fixable by you. Open a ticket.

2. I registered my server with my email address instead of my username. This also prevented a successful registration. Why they did not block the email address registration attempts is beyond my knowledge. Use your HPPID!

3. After the first step of the registration process you get asked to follow an URL which ends on error 404 page. Again - their fault. You need to find the dashboard manually.

Hopefully they fix this with a new ILO version.

toddg1
HPE Pro

One more question.  Can you tell me what version of the firmware you have on this iLO where you are seeing this issue?

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo