108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Storage Services tab doesn't show all eva's

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alice Seeley
Frequent Advisor

Storage Services tab doesn't show all eva's

Recently my customer changed the CommandView password and the eva's were not sending collections. We got the password changed successfully in SIM but now After changing the password, the test in the Storage Services section still fails. Also the newly added EVA doesnтАЩt even show up in the Storage Services section so thereтАЩs still something wrong with the storage configuration collection. Any ideas on what to check?

6 REPLIES 6
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

I would check if I can see all the EVA's in the wbemdisco tool.

Under system credential you should see that your CommandView EVA SMI-S port shows up with WBEM/WMI access.

The Storage Service selection password is only used for the configuration collection. I would create a new access group with the new credential(changed password) and move the existing EVA to the new access group for testing. The GUI sometimes behaves strange with password changes. This applies also for wbemdisco !!! You should always cleanup the password field before you enter a new one.

Hope this helps.

Alice Seeley
Frequent Advisor

It took a few days for me to get wbemdisco ran on the server, the sim server does show the 4 monitored EVA's in the output from wbemdisco. I can't imagine the step we are missing since all the other EVA's are getting collections on a regular basis. These don't even show up in the Storage services tab. I have verified all the information based on the install guide. I could use some suggestions, please.
Alice Seeley
Frequent Advisor

I should have included the wbemdisco output:
D:\HPSIM>echo off
WbemDisco 01.01.00
------------------
Gui: Gui starting
Gui: Creating frame...
HOST = 10.36.29.190
PORT = 5989
NAMESP = interop
USER = sa-itsus-gsmcvrsp
PASSWD = *****
Connect to 10.36.29.190 in namespace interop with SSL=true

ObjectManager.Name=HP:CxwsCimom_10.36.31.171
ElementName=HP Cxws Server
CimomVersion=
Description=HP Cxws Server

Enumerating instances of CIM_RegisteredProfile...

Profile.RegisteredName=Server
RegisteredVersion=1.3.0
ProviderVersion=
SubProfile.RegisteredName=Profile Registration
Profile.RegisteredName=SMI-S
RegisteredVersion=1.3.0
ProviderVersion=
Profile.RegisteredName=Array
RegisteredVersion=1.3.0
ProviderVersion=9.2.0
HPVersion=EVA9.2-Dev22
SubProfile.RegisteredName=Software
SubProfile.RegisteredName=Masking and Mapping
SubProfile.RegisteredName=Copy Services
SubProfile.RegisteredName=Block Services
SubProfile.RegisteredName=Disk Drive Lite
SubProfile.RegisteredName=FC Target Ports
SubProfile.RegisteredName=FC Initiator Ports
SubProfile.RegisteredName=Job control
SubProfile.RegisteredName=Access Points
SubProfile.RegisteredName=Physical Package
SubProfile.RegisteredName=Multiple Computer System
SubProfile.RegisteredName=Block Server Performance
SubProfile.RegisteredName=SAS Initiator Ports
SubProfile.RegisteredName=Thin Provisioning
HPEVA_StorageSystem.Name="50001FE1501E7BE0",CreationClassName="HPEVA_StorageSystem"
NameSpace = root/eva
Vendor=HP
Name=EVA
IdentifyingNumber=50001FE1501E7BE0
HPEVA_StorageSystem.Name="50001FE1501ED370",CreationClassName="HPEVA_StorageSystem"
NameSpace = root/eva
Vendor=HP
Name=EVA
IdentifyingNumber=50001FE1501ED370
HPEVA_StorageSystem.Name="50001FE1501EA030",CreationClassName="HPEVA_StorageSystem"
NameSpace = root/eva
Vendor=HP
Name=EVA
IdentifyingNumber=50001FE1501EA030
HPEVA_StorageSystem.Name="50001FE1501E69C0",CreationClassName="HPEVA_StorageSystem"
NameSpace = root/eva
Vendor=HP
Name=EVA
IdentifyingNumber=50001FE1501E69C0

BPE
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Your wbemdisco result look fine.
I have the feeling that your password issue and the missing EVA in the storage service tab are two problems (or even more).

The configuration collection is using the WEBES password for the EVA access. HP SIM is exchanging the configuration information of a device with the remote support tool / WEBES.
If this link is broken strange thinks happen.
you can use the desta sysinfo command to collect all the important information for debugging and open a HW call at HP on one of the new EVA's with the remark that Remote Support is not working. HP should be able to help. Remote Support is all ways part of the HW Service Contract.

Here some hints that you get the new EVA's
into the storage service tab.
- Depending on the EVA type you need to enter Serial number and product number in the system properties for the device inside HP SIM.
- Check also that a Contact the Country code and the site is defined on the system properties for the new EVA's
- If you know WBES / SEA you can check if the EVA's data are already transferred from HP SIM to WEBES the device should be seen under the full device list. Non of the field should be marked dark yellow/orange if you open the managed entities details.
- if all above is correct you can test the data collection see the advice in the System health tab.

End last point what did you really mean not sending collection? (I hope you mean Configuration collections to HP)
Alice Seeley
Frequent Advisor

Yes, that is what I meant. Sorry, I will take a look at this in the morning and see how it goes.
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

In this case don't forget to check the status of the transport to HP. For example wccproxy test on the SIM Server. Do you see the closed at HP status after some time inside the service event detail status.