1752591 Members
2707 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Support of MDS600 storage support in insight remote support

Alice Seeley
Frequent Advisor

Support of MDS600 storage support in insight remote support

I have c7000 enclosures with BL465G7 blades and MDS600 storage disks. I have found no infomration in the managed systems to tell how to configure the SAS controller for the storage disks. I have checked with support and found that they are supported in IRS and IRA but nothing more than that. The SAS controllers are in the c7000 enclosures so I am wondering if the OA would respond if there are any disk failures? Does it fall to the Blade server to report a disk failure from the MDS600 array?

Does anyone have these in their environment and monitor them with remote support standard or advanced? I would appreciate any guidance on this.

1 REPLY 1
Bryan Swanson_1
Occasional Advisor

Re: Support of MDS600 storage support in insight remote support

Hi Alice,

We have several MDS600's and c7000 enclosures with SAS switches installed.  In my experience, Insight Manager (SIM) relies on the instrumentation (HP management agents) running on the various hosts connected to the MDS for disk-related alerts (pre-failure, hard-failure). We have yet to experience a power supply, fan, or IO module failure, so I can't comment about those.

Remote Support Advanced, if configured, will then open a support case with HP (if you have warranty or a care pack).  They (HP) usually then calls to verify an actual event occured and then dispatches parts or a technician.

Hope that helps.

kind regards,

-b