1752748 Members
4857 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

The HP Remote Support Client service hung on starting on the SIM Server

Alexander A
Valued Contributor

Re: The HP Remote Support Client service hung on starting on the SIM Server

Hi. You say your version is 5.10. A notice in the manual "Remote Support Pack - A.05.20 CMS Prerequisites and Managed Systems
Configuration Guide", page 11, 5.10 is no longer supported.

I've had this problem with newer installations too, if I remember correctly I uninstalled all packages, rebooted and reinstalled all packages starting from "Remote Support Client" and moving down.

From the manual:
NOTE: HP Remote Support Customer Action Required: HP customers should upgrade to the Remote Support
Pack version A.05.20 release before February 28th, 2009 to ensure your Contract and Warranty data is
systematically updated and that newly added Managed Systems will be correctly scheduled for data collection
services.
Cause: Due to a software timing interaction older installations of the HP Remote Support Pack (RSP)
A.05.05-A.05.10 generate excessive calls to HP for Contract and Warranty data updates. This can cause
disk space issues on affected Central Management Servers in the Customer environment, as well as service
incident processing delays at HP due to the high call volume. RSP A.05.00 is no longer supported.
Effect: To address concerns and improve performance, on February 28th, 2009, the HP Remote Support
team will disable the communications used to retrieve Contract and Warranty data for all RSP client versions
prior to the current A.05.20 release. Additionally, new Managed Systems added to your enterprise will not
be automatically scheduled for data collection services unless you upgrade to HP RSP A.05.20