1748265 Members
3853 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Tune IRSS Notifications

Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Tune IRSS Notifications

I am trying to find out how to stop "informational" messages from an EVA being sent out by IRSS. Is there is a way to tell IRSS which level of messages to send out?
5 REPLIES 5
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tune IRSS Notifications

If you have emails like the one below, it is really difficult because they are generated by the registered knowledge inside WEBES.

You can disable some of the knowledge
but this will break the base functionality of IRSS.

If you have a lot emails with the same content an informational you should contact your HP support. It could be a bug or you have a too old version of WEBES/IRSS for your actual HW or vs.

---------- Problem Found: Informational only: eva4k4_1: Remote Service Test event at Fri 13 ...
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

We are current in our versions but we will be running a CA from one EVA to another and IRSS insists on sending a "informational" completion message when the LUN has been replicated. I am thinking as you say, it is all or nothing. Just wish we could set the IRSS notification threshold to "warnings" and above and ignore the "informational" ones.
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Your right the problem is indeed if you stop the related knowledge registration many true problems are not alerted.

I would handle the problem with an email filter.

There are always also unsupported solution but
because of the complexity I do not recommend to tinker with the HP delivered knowledge.

Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

I agree, this is one thing I do not want to tamper with as we have a number of other EVAs which we are also monitoring. Maybe we can get HP to put this into the next release :) Not holding my breath.
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for your comments.