108799 Solutions
New Discussion

UPGRADING WEBES Windows V5.5 to WEBES v5.6

james9999
Occasional Contributor

UPGRADING WEBES Windows V5.5 to WEBES v5.6

Hi

I intending to upgrade our copies of WEBES Windows V5.5 Patch 1 (build 61) to
WEBES v5.6. it is running on a Windows 2003 Server.

• Could anyone tell me if this is a straight forward upgrade or is there any prerequisite that I have to do or any configurations that I have to complete?

• Finally, how would I know that the upgrade has been successful and WEBES will report any future problems?

Any details or advice would be appreciated

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Re: UPGRADING WEBES Windows V5.5 to WEBES v5.6

Are you using Insight Remote Support?

Or the Remote Support Software Manager?

If so, Let the RSSM perform the upgrade. The Management console should then reflect the new versions and if there are/were any issues upgrading.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
james9999
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Thanks for the email. I have managed to upgrade the WEBES to version 6.

Do you know the best method of testing that the upgrade has worked? As we rely on WEBES it is importantt that we are confident that it is working and will report any isuses

Thanks again
Thanga_1
Valued Contributor

If your WEBES is configured to monitor EVA,
then you can reduce the Diskgroup occupancy Alarm level (current value to less than used space %) and check you are getting alert then make to normal value.If u are getting DG warning alert then your WEBES working.
Lawrance Lee_1
HPE Pro

If you are monitoring Windows servers with Proliant Support Pack installed, you can test as follows:

1. From the managed server's Start->Settings->Control Panel, double click on HP Management Agents. Click on SNMP settings, and click "Send Test Trap". Take note of the time stamp.

The managed server will send a test trap to the trap destination specified in the SNMP Service Trap Destination (which should be the SIM server running IRSA)

2. From the SIM server, click on the All Events link under System and Event Collections. You should see at least one event titled "Generic trap (11003)" with a time stamp that is similar to when you sent the test trap from the managed server.

At this point, this means that SNMP traps are getting to the SIM server properly, but this does NOT mean that WEBES has done its job yet.

3. Start another web browser and point to https://(name of your SIM server):7906 and login to the System Event Analyser for WEBES. Click on the 3 icon from the left, which is the WEBES notification status icon.

If WEBES has intercepted that test SNMP trap that you sent and processed it properly, you should see an entry with a Description "cpqHo2GenericTrap" and a Date stamp similar to when you sent the snmp test trap. If the Status says "Delivered: HPSIM, ISEE, SMTP, LOG, SNMP, EVT, etc", this means that WEBES has sent an alert back to HP's backend.

4. (Optional) If you have access to AMC, you should be able to verify that the WEBES notification has been received at HP's backend.

5. If you go back to the All Events screen on the SIM server, you should now see an entry that says "A Service Incident has been reported (Type 2)". You might even see another one says (Type 4).

When you see this, you know that WEBES is working properly.
I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo