1752590 Members
3911 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to communicate with the RSCC

Steffen Hall
Occasional Contributor

Unable to communicate with the RSCC

Hi! I am having the following issue (Unable to communicate with the RSCC), appears in Options -> Remote support configuration and services -> San servies.

This means that I am unable to add any new EVA's for monitoring. The existing EVA's still report errors, I am however not able to collect disk usage data and etc.

I have tried the following steps :
1. Upgraded to the latest RSPA (5.5)
2. Upgraded to the latest HP sim (6.3)

Reinstalled RSCC and RSCCe modules.

I also read a thread here with some issues due to RDP; I have tried downloading the .dll file and reinstalling, but no effect.

According to uc-logs it is having issues connection to Unified collector service :

Path : C:\hp\hpsmh\data\htdocs\isee\unified-collector\log

couldn't connect to host url: https://localhost:20649/services/UCCollectionService

Trying to start it manually in services.msc, gives me the message that it started and shut-down again (this is perhaps expected behaviour).

So, I feel I have tried basically everything except removing and doing a new complete install of HPSIM; I am however reluctant to do this since this will leave my environment of 20+ EVA's without any monitoring.

I hope someone can help my further with this.

Best regards,
Steffen Hall
4 REPLIES 4
pmlb
Frequent Advisor

Hi Steffen,

I have the same problem on several new CMSs (Windows 2008 R2 + HP SIM 6.3 + HP IRSA A.05.50).
Did you solve your problem ?

Best regards,
Pierre-Marie Le Biot
Steffen Hall
Occasional Contributor

I'm sorry, no solution yet, I dont really know what else to try now. I cant seem to find any log-files that might tell what is wrong either.
pmlb
Frequent Advisor

My problems were solved with HP IRSA A.05.60

Regards,

Pierre-Marie

Steffeo
Visitor

Hi, I found a reply somewhere else on this site; the solution for me that worked : 

Replace the uc_config.xml file with the one stored in: \Program Files\HP\UnifiedCollector\conf\newconf

If the services fail to start go to: \Program Files\HP\UnifiedCollector\conf