1748199 Members
2563 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to complete configuration of ISEE OpenVMS client

roose
Regular Advisor

Unable to complete configuration of ISEE OpenVMS client

Hi, I would just like to ask around regarding our problem in setting up ISEE on one of our OpenVMS nodes.

Environment:
1. Prod server: AlphaServer ES80 on OpenVMS v7.3-2, TCP/IP v5.4 ECO 5, no browser installed
2. Test server: AlphaServer ES40 on OpenVMS v7.3-2, TCP/IP v5.4 ECO 5, with Mozilla browser installed
3. Servers are sitting behind a firewall with the proxy server on the other side

What we have done so far:
1. Opened port 80 on firewall to allow traffic from our production and test servers.
2. Installed and configured ISEE on test server and it is able to connect to isee.asiapac.hp.com/mots/motserv using a proxy account/password.
3. Test server is also able to display the ISEE screen with the node's details. Since we don't have maintenance on this server, we are not able to fully configure this to authenticate with HP.
4. Installed and configured ISEE on production server. Since there is no web browser on this node, we start the web browser from the test server and connect to our production server (http://s1a02:5060/start.html). So far, after getting the Motive login, and the "Starting HP instant support..." message, we get an "HTTP error 404" message. We are not able to get the page where we see the node's details as well as the link to configuring the installation.
5. Tried to test connectivity to HP ISEE server using telnet from our production node, but it seems that our telnet are not able to get out from our network (security setting, I believe).
6. nslookup and telnet to HP ISEE servers does not work from both the test node and production node.

Need help:
1. How can we test if we are indeed able to communicate with the HP ISEE server from our production node? Our network team says that the setting on the firewall is now the same with our test server, so, it should also be able to connect to HP ISEE.
2. How to configure the entitlement without using a web browser?
3. Go past the "Starting HP instant support..." message so that we can input the entitlement details?

I have attached the mad.log file from our production node for your reference. Thanks in advance for your help.
13 REPLIES 13
roose
Regular Advisor

Additional info: we have also added the IP address of isee.asiapac.hp.com on our local host database (tcpip set host).
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You should be and must be able to "telnet isee.asiapac.hp.com 80", if this still doesn't work, you will need to work on the Firewall/Proxy issue.
I am sure you can do the same command on your Test Server.

Here is the error in mad.log:
070607 18:33:15.685 ERROR,[Comm] NetworkException (1): SYS$SYSDEVICE:[HF44._ASST
_CLASSIC.ASST_HTTPCLIENT.HTTPCLIENT]SOCKET.CPP;1:124 (60) connection timed out
Socket::connect(): socket() failed: isee.asiapac.hp.com (192.170.77.107)

This server is timing-out when trying to connect to HP.

One thing you can try is to edit ISEE$ETC:MOTPREFS and increase NETWORK_TIMEOUT=240, then stop/start hpservices.

Hope this help,
roose
Regular Advisor

Liem Nguyen,

How important is the telnet availability for the ISEE function? This is only for testing connectivity, right? I thought that only HTTP is required for it to connect to HP servers? I am currently working with our network team in verifying how we can test connectivity using telnet from our production servers. From our test server, telnet does not work either but we are able to connect to the isee.asiapac.hp.com/mots/motserv website using the Mozilla browser. Again, I am closely working with our network team to identify what is it that still stopping us for our production servers to connect.

Just one other thing: I noticed in an ISEE documentation that says ODS-5 system disks are not supported. Does this mean that ISEE will not run if we install it ON the ODS-5 disk, or it will not run at all if we have an ODS-5 disk? Our system disks are ODS-5.
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Telnet to port 80 is only for testing connection (http uses port 80), if you can connect to motserv from Mozilla, then you're all set.

It could be something with Web Filtering application that might prevent ISEE to work, I've seen Websense and SurfLogic not allowing ISEE packages to go through.

ISEE should be fine with ODS-5 disk, check out the latest Install Guide.
roose
Regular Advisor

Thanks for your help Liem. I have re-installed HP ISEE on the server, and now, I am able to reach the HP ISEE web page. However, I do not see or I am not being prompted with the Entitlement Information as per the documentation. I click on Configuration Options, then Company and get the pop-up window regarding an updated interface. However, after that, I only see the data that I have entered on my pre-configuration.

Any idea how I can force HP ISEE to present to me the Entitlement fields?

Thanks again for your help!
roose
Regular Advisor

Here's a screenshot of where I am stucked now.
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Entitlement section only shows up if the connection to HP Backend was successed.

I believe you're still having problem as we have discussed before, check mad.log for problem/error.

If you want, modify motprefs (under NETWORK_TOMEOUT=5):
LOG_LEVEL=5
HEADER_DEBUGGING=TRUE

Stop/start hpservices, then check mad.log, it will give you more detail as what the connection problem might be.

Bottom line: Check Proxy/Firewall, Web Filtering....

Shailender_1
Advisor

This looks to be a proxy setting problem. ISEE traffic is unable to go out to the HP server. You can run following utility to test the connectivity

DISK$ALPHASYS:[SYS0.SYSCOMMON.HPSERVICES._COMMON_.REMOTESUPPORT.BIN]ISEECONNECTIVITYTEST.COM.

If connectivity is through you should receive a mail to the id configured during ISEE setup.

Hi,

I have read lots of threads and found this one.
Can you please help me?

My problem is failed to access the ISEE WEB interface. If I try the http://host_name:5060/start.html , nothing will happen.

There are errors in the mad.log

111208 05:23:34.812 INFO,[WebServer] WebServer: got connection on 10.57.186.40:5060 from 10.72.96.148:3503
111208 05:23:34.818 DEBUG,[WebServer] HttpConnection::parseRequest()

111208 05:24:50.091 INFO,[WebServer] Exception while accepting HttpConnection - Socket::read(): recv() timeout [[10.72.96.148]]
111208 05:24:50.097 STDOUT,[WebServer] Socket::close()
111208 05:24:50.102 ERROR,[WebServer] WebServer exception:
111208 05:24:50.110 ERROR,[WebServer] NetworkException (10): Socket::read(): recv() timeout [[10.72.96.148]]

10.57.186.40 is the host where isee is installed.
10.72.96.148 is my workstation from where I raise the connection to the web interface.

see attachment

Thank you very much.
Richard Shao,
IKEA IT